Introduction and memories

You may not know me I wasn't involved in the events that took the life of my fiance and love of my life officer Ronnie Peterson.
My name is Lydia may Sanchez and I'm one of the few dozen survivors of the zombie attacks that took place in Centerville and around the world.
I remember it like it was yesterday.
I didn't want to leave Ronnie's side but knew there was no way he would let me stand and fight with him after just finding out we were going to have a baby.
So I ended up at a safe house secluded deep into the woods with enough food and bottled water to last a couple weeks.
Our last moments together were spent putting away the supplies.
Afterwards we just stood there staring at eachother each trying to burn every detail of the other in our mind.
Finally he grabbed me fitting me gently to him in a hug I never wanted to end.
He sat me back from him looked me in the eyes as he said I'm going to go fight to protect you and the baby from this zombie apocalypse I'll try my best to make it back to you, but if something happens and I'm unable to make it back you have to promise me you'll do your best to keep you and our baby safe.
Despite the pain rising on my chest at the thought of something happening to him I tearfully whispered I promise with that he kissed me hard and passionately we said our I love yous and he was out the door.
Just as he said so many times before my heart was telling me that this was going to end badly.