twenty seven

Song: Breezeblocks
by Alt-J (slowed)
__________________________

Kyle's POV

Chatter from the best friend's squad fills the room as we eat our breakfast. The table is huge and round, distancing them from me, Rogelio and Lonnie. Imp sits with his arms crossed on the table beside Lonnie's plate, but she ignores his pouting, her eyes fixed on my neck.

"Yikes, what happened there?"

She asks, reaching out to touch the small bruises. I smack her hand away and cover them with my hand, trying not to make the fact that I'm blushing that obvious. Lonnie frowns at me, and then to Rogelio, which tells her all she needs to know. Her confused look shifts to amusement in a matter of seconds.

"You're looking quite tired Kyle."

She teases. I shove another spoonful of porridge into my mouth and glare at her. Imp repeats her words with an even louder voice and I flinch, making Rogelio laugh into his toast.

The other four laughing across from us aren't paying attention to our conversation, so I decide to say something back to Lonnie.

"I'm tired because I was up half the night trying to figure out who He-Man is."

I say, very matter-of-factly. She covers Imp's ears and smirks as she replies.

"So was Ro trying to figure him out, too?"

She waves a finger towards my neck and then dares to wiggle her eyebrows at me. I groan and hide my face in my hands, letting Rogelio handle her. This I did not miss.

'Stop being so inappropriate!'

He growls at her. She opens her mouth to add something but he cuts her off.

'But yes, I was.'

My head snaps towards him with my mouth agape and Lonnie starts to laugh at me.

"Kyle."

The three of us look over at the others but they aren't facing us.

"Kyle."

Lonnie gasps and smiles at Imp.

"He said Kyle! He said Kyle in his own voice!"

Me and Rogelio smile to each other and then to him. My heart feels heavy for the little creature, especially when he crawls across Lonnie's lap to sit on mine. I laugh and give him a small hug.

"Kyle!"

We all laugh again. He stands up on top of my legs and decides to stick is finger right into one of the marks on my neck, making me yelp in pain.

"Ow!"

Lonnie can't control her laughter, and even Rogelio is trying to hold in his. Catra snickers from across the table and I immediately cover my neck with my hand again.

"Stop picking on me, pick on Ro!"

While the others are still talking Catra raises her eyebrows at me and taps her neck with a smirk. I push my empty bowl forwards and hide my head in my arms while they laugh at me still.

Although they're trying to embarrass me, it feels good. Not the embarrassment, but the fact that we can still have fun after all these years, and after all that's happened in the last while.

I can feel Rogelio patting my head and ruffling my hair up so I decide to stay with my head down for a while, hoping that Lonnie and Catra will back off.

For some reason my mind starts to fill up with horrible thoughts and questions that I haven't thought about since I escaped the ship.

Adora's my sister. Should I be talking to her more?