Chapter 6: The Vampires Assistant

Please! Vote! Comment! Message! Fan!! I'm begging ya here!!!

~ Darren's Pov ~

Steve was over and I was gently pulling out her cage. Sweet Madam Octa. I played a tune on my flute and Madam Octa started flipping, twisting and jumping in all directions. "Whoa! How in the world...." Steve murmured. I smiled inwardly and continued to make her do tricks. Thats when Annie just HAD to come in! "Hey Darr-" She was interrupted by Steve's scream as Madam Octa bit Steve. Annie squealed."I'm sorry Darren! I'm so sorry!!!" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Steve was turning purple and I didn't know what to do. I just looked at Annie and we telepathically agreed on our next move. "MOM!!!!!!" We both screamed at the top of our lungs. She came running in and saw Steve's purple face. She called an ambulance, Steve's mom, my dad. While she was doing this, I knew what would save his life. I raced into the alley, all the way to the abandoned theatre. "So, you've finally come," a voice hissed behind me. I slowly turned to face the man with the spider. "I will save your puny friend. On one condition." "W-whats that?" I asked trembling. "Become my assistant. I must turn you into a half vampire. You will drink blood, you can still go out in the sun. If you say no, your friend will die tomorrow." I gasped. I wish Steve would know that I did it for him.... "Okay. I'll become your assistant. Just know, one day, I'll take my revenge!" I warned him and he chuckled. "I wouldn't expect you to." He grabbed my hands and shoved his crazy sharp nails into my knuckles. Searing pain cut through me. He sliced himself and pressed our knuckles together. When we broke away, I felt.... different. "Now, let us head back to the Cirque!" I, Darren Shan was now a half vampire. Maybe I could see her again.....

I know I changed and left out a few key plot points but I really just want him to get to the Cirque.