DCMD PART 1

Never in a million years did I think I would come anywhere close to landing my dream job

Never in a million years did I think I would come anywhere close to landing my dream job. I mean come on it's a dream for a reason right? Wrong, cause here I was standing in the worn parking lot of the BAU for the first time as an official special agent. I'm usually the humble type, but even I had to admit Agent Y/L/N had a fantastic ring to it. When my hand anxiously reached for the door handle and cautiously pulled it open, I felt a breath of fresh air wash over my entire being. This was where I belonged.

As soon as I entered the building, I was in a trance, taking in the sights surrounding me. I swiftly made my way to the hectic bullpen on a mission to find Agent Hotchner, who was supposed to get me settled in. I knew the F.B.I. didn't have much down time, but I certainly wasn't expecting the amount of sheer chaos in front of me, and judging by the frantic looks on most of the other agents' faces, neither did they. I was able to locate Hotchner fairly quickly and hastily made my way over to him, still shocked by the frenzy I'd walked into.

"Ah you must be Ms. Y/L/N. I'm truly sorry that you have to witness this mess on your first day, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have you jump right into things. Give me a sec to finish this up and I'll introduce you to the team."

I nodded quickly, unable to speak, still kind of awestruck that any of this was actually happening. I took the moment I had while Hotchner finished up his work to take another glance at the experts around me. That's gonna be you soon y/n you know, I thought to myself excitedly.

"Ok, now that that's all set, shall we?", Agent Hotchner spoke, interrupting my momentary fantasy.

"Of course, sir."

"Please Y/N, just Hotch", he said with a small smile.

I followed like a lost puppy as he led me over to the other agents who were obviously swamped in work from whatever case they had been assigned to. As Hotch and I got closer, a couple of them noticed and stood up excitedly running over to us, either with joy that fresh meat had arrived or as a momentary reprieve from the pages upon pages they had been straining over.

"Everybody I'd like you to meet our newest recruit, Agent Y/N Y/L/N. I'm sure you all remember how stressful and nerve wracking your first days were so be sure to make her feel welcome to the team."

I nervously smiled towards the other agents, giving a small, awkward wave and simply said, "Hi." I was usually one to ramble on and on about the most trivial of things, but today it was a victory for me to to even get out a coherent string of words.

Immediately after my embarrassing attempt at a hello, a woman with spunky glasses and blonde hair came bounding up to me with the biggest grin I've ever seen on a person in my life.

"Hi! Oh my god it's so nice to meet you! I can't wait to get to know you. I can already tell we're gonna be besties! Oh I'm Penelope Garcia by the way, but you can just call me Pen!"