1 -- The Lady in Blue

"One...Two...Three... Smile!" My classmate said with a smile on her face habang hawak-hawak ang camera ng cellphone ko.

"Ang kilig niyo talagang tingnan!" Another female classmate of mine was taking pictures using her phone. I tried my best to keep my smile kahit nakaramdam na ako ng pangangawit sa panga.

Malakas ang kaba at hiya sa buong katawan ko especially on my right chest that was against her sleeveless shoulder.

After a ton of pictures taken from me and the girl beside me, naghiyawan at nagpalakpakan ang mga kaklase kong nakinood sa amin, kasama na roon ang barkada kong sina Lloyd at James. Ang saya-saya ng mga loko. The girl beside me scooted hastily away while holding the skirt of her long yellow dress.  Lumapit na sa akin ang mga barkada ko hawak-hawak ang cellphone ko.

"Yieee, ang galing mo talaga boss."
"Sana ol!"

Hinablot ko agad ang phone ko sabay sabi ng, "Patingin."

My dark blue suit was unbuttoned twice from the neckline, showing my plain white shirt. My hands were on my pocket and my smile doesn't look to weird unlike what I imagined it to be. And my dark blue glass looked fine as well. The girl beside me was showing a back peace sign with her right hand while her left was just on her side. It was a clear quality picture and I was satisfied with it.

"Oh, gandang-ganda si boss" James stated. "Ligawan mo na kasi."

I shook my head. Ligawan? How can I court her when she avoids me?

"I'm hurting, baby
I'm broken down."

Napatingin ako sa gilid ng stage were a band was singing. At the stage were people with formal clothing danced happily with the song. Some were taking vlogs or selfies. Others who were out of the stage were also doing the same thing, while a few were sitting on their table and watching the fun.

Yes, this is the Graduation Ball for us Senior High School Batch, February 29, also a leap year.

Lumapit kami sa stage at nakinig sa tugtog.

"Sumayaw tayo, Shawn. Yung twerk mo? Naalala mo pa?" Sabi ni Lloyd.

"Gago."

"Sige na, Shawn. Ipakita mo na. Tayo-tayo lang naman. Walang papansin sa'tin. Ang saya nila, oh?" James gestured at the stage while everyone was jumping happily at the chorus. Sa sobrang tuwa, may mga decorations na natumba.

I shook my head.

"No."

"Ang KJ mo. Last Grad Ball na natin, ayaw mo maki-saya?" Sabi ni James.

"Since when does embarrassing yourself considered fun?"

"Boss naman." Napakamot ulo si Lloyd.

"We consider your embarrassment as fun." - James.

Tumawa sina Lloyd at James. Hinayaan ko nalang sila habang nakinig lang ako sa kanta.

I want that red velvet
I want that sugar sweet
Don't let nobody touch it
Unless that somebody's me
I gotta be your man
There ain't no other way
'Cause girl you're hotter than a southern California day

I don't wanna play no games
You don't gotta be afraid
Don't give me all that shy shit
No make-up on
That's my

Tapos naki-kanta na rin ako.

Sugar
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?
I'm right here , 'cause I need
Little love, a little sympathy
So, baby, you show me good loving
Make it alright
Need a little sweetness in my life
Your sugar!
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?

Nakikanta na rin ang barkada ko, while singing. We were jumping up and down while waving our hands up in the air.

Sugar
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?
I'm right here, 'cause I need
Little love, a little sympathy
Yeah, you show me good loving
Make it alright
Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar!
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?

We laughed and catched our breaths as the song ended, and another song started to play.

"Let's take our time tonight, girl.
Above us all the starts are watching."

"Excuse me po." I heard a female voice as someone tapped gently behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl with a red off-shoulder ball gown.

"May gustong magpa-picture sa'yo, if okay lang."

What? Why? Why would someone take a picture of me?

Ang pangit ko naman.

The girl gestured her hand behind her and I've noticed the two girls a meter away from us. One was wearing a black lace-sleeved ball gown with silver trimmings and flower decorations while the other one was wearing a sleeveless royal blue ball gown with golden jewels and golden peacock feather embroidered on the upper part ng gown.

"Grabe 'tong si boss."
"Hanep ka boss."
"Walang makakatalo sa'yo boss."
"Mamigay ka naman."

They both look beautiful. Who would want to take a picture of someone as ugly as me?

The girl blue took a step and sauntered towards us with a smile. Her dimple at the lower left corner beside her lips appeared. This person didn't feel like a girl.

She was a lady.

I walked closer to her to lessen the distance. When I noticed her hand reaching out to my arm I quickly positioned at her side. Napansin niya ang pag-iwas ko so she held her phone with both of her hands in front of her instead. I smiled. The girl in black positioned her phone and started counting.

"One... Two... Three, Smile."

Why did I avoid her hand? Why did I became flustered? When I saw her eyes and her beautiful smile, an alarm went off in my head telling me to shut down my emotions.

"Smile."

But why? And this lady in blue seems familiar. Had I seen her somewhere?

"Tapos na ba?" The lady in blue gestured at thumbs up sign, asking the girl in black.

"Oo, tapos na." The girl put her phone down.

Lady in Blue turned to me. "Thank..."

I turned to Lloyd and James. She didn't finish her sentence and walked away hastily along with her friends.

"Boss, maganda di ba?" - James
"Morena?" - Lloyd

I looked at her back as she walked away, holding her long wide slightly shimmering skirt. Her long wavy hair bounced along each of her step.

"In fairness, bumagay ang damit niyong dalawa." -Lloyd.

Napatingin ako sa damit ko. Also blue.

"Is this meant to be?" - James
"Boss, may papalit na ba kay Dahlia sa puso mo? Yieee." - Lloyd

I narrowed my eyes at the two.

"Gago. Wala lang yun."