chapter 2

The next few weeks were pretty similar, we went down to the lake, I taught Oakley how to swim, I hung out with him... A lot.

"Come, Chance! " my brother said through the thin walls of our farm house.

"Coming! " I replied, I leaped off of the living room couch and into the kitchen.

"Sandwiches? " I asked.

"check. " Oakley said back.

"Floats? "

"Check. "

"Snacks and drinks? "

"Check. "

"Okay," Dad said. "I'm comin' too. Let's go! "

We had a fun day at the lake, since I taught Oakley the basics of swimming it was pretty fun not worrying weather or not he would drown.

Half way through the day dad got a call.

"Okay. "

"I understand. "

"I'll be right there. "

"oh no worries! "

"alright then, see ya. "

The call ended and my dad slapped his phone on his leg as he was trying to think.

"Ummm. Alright boys I'll be back, if I'm not back by 4:30 go back to the house and grandma Edna will fix you up something nice for dinner. "

" Ohhhh but she always makes mushroom soup. " Oakley whined.

"I'll be back." Dad said completely ignoring Oakley.

***

"Hey Gran." I said when she got back to the farm house.

"Hey Oakley." She said, her voice all old and frail.

"Actually Gran, it's me, Chance."

" Oh, " Gran giggled. "My old eyes are nothing like they used to be." She smiled and got back to cooking.

" What are you making? " Oakley asked hoping it wasn't  soup.

"Mushroom soup." She said smiling. "I know you like it."

" Yeah Gran, I love it. "

Later that evening we waited dad would come home, around ten o'clock I started to get pretty worried.

"Gran I'm gonna call dad, it's late and I want to let him know I'm going to bed."

"Alright sweety g'night."

I had a sign of relief when he answered.

"DAD WHERE ARE YOU?!"

" I- I'll be home soon. "

"Dad you sound...drunk."

" I'm not. I'll be home soon. OKAY?! "

"Okay then. Bye."

I wasn't able to fall asleep I couldn't help but thinking of how his voice sounded on the phone.

I'll be home soon.

Dad came home around one in the morning and he just screamed then, cried.

"DAD?! WHAT'S WRONG?!" I asked, Oakley rushing in after me.

" She's dead. "

Pretty dramatic ain't it? Thanks in advance for your vote and don't worry. Chapter 3 will be up sooner than you know.

Don't forget to vote comment and follow if  haven't already.