Teddy bear

Teddy bears, a child's bestest friend in times when things are hard and when things are happy. Teddy bears are there to squeeze when your sniffling in them. And they're there to wipe your tears on. But most importantly a teddy bear that you own and that has been with you for years is with you till the end. and in most people's opinion I'd say that's 10 times better than a dog. Dogs die on you... I mean of course they move and bark and cuddle, but the same thing with the right amount of imagination, making the bear talk to you.

But some teddy bears never get to do that for a child... Some teddy bears are left discarded and torn... Some teddy bears aren't even acknowledged when they sit there Dusty on the old pawn shop shelf.. some teddy bears have given up hope that a child will love them... So they look so and torn and broken.. and no child wants them because of that.

Nightmare, a very old teddy bear that has been in the shop for about 4 years now... Always being returned after the first day and never really having the chance to be loved...after his brother had turned him into a teddy bear he had gone from child to child nobody wanting a teddy bear like him that was scary and mean looking. today nightmares shop on the shelf looking lifeless and all with his one blue cyan button eye

That's just a small thing of torn and tattered arms hung limply at his sides as his head would loll on his small jacketed chest. His other eye, or where it's supposed to be was a small stuffed hole weird child had ripped his eye out. His legs we're no longer bear as they were torn off by some old dog that didn't particularly like nightmare. Nightmare had had his tentacles ripped off from the very beginning buy dream just before he turned him into a teddy bear.... It had been a terrible existence for nightmare to live like this...

But the biggest thing that people did not like about nightmare was the creepy stitched grin across his face. No one could get rid of it as it just kept coming back no matter if they tore it off or showed something over it it would always be there hunting them. But sometimes at night when things were dark and lonely the smile would turn into a sad frown.

-480 years previous-

Nightmare laid on the ground, his breaths ragged and exhausted as he remained restrained on the ground in front of a massive sprawling tree trunk... There were no branches or fruit to this mystical apple tree as it had been broken straight in half by the God who lay in front of it.

Another smaller person, wearing all yellow and having a slight sad look to his face as he gazed as the still struggling yet tired figure in front of him. "oh brother... What have we done to you" he mumbled as he bent down and over Nightmare, a sympathetic yet determined look over his smooth features.

Nightmare growled like a cornered and feral animal, causing his brother, Dream to flinch slightly as he tentatively reached a hand out to possibly sooth his brother. " Stay away from me! I will kill you!" yet his struggling lessened, him leaning into the yellow gloved hand that was offered to him.

Nightmare's arms remained pinned above his head tightly to the ground and his legs restrained in the same manner. While tentacles, oozing from Nightmare's back that could sharpen themselves to a point and thrust themselves through your very soul would be a problem usually. But this time they were not as Dream had sawed them straight off in their previous battle.

While Nightmare was virtually defenseless Dream had no desire to kill his brother, merely to punish him and show him the error in his ways. Dream felt a pang of guilt, seeing the usually edgy and high strung King of negative emotions lean into his had as he gently rubbed firm and small circles on nightmare's cheek with his thumb.

Nightmare let out a groan, his pants and ragged breaths diminishing as he calmed at his brother's comfort, hearing the soft whispers dream emmited "shhh dear brother... Sleep now and you will wake up soon... Know that even after this... I love you and you will remain my brother"

This is all he saw before his world went dark, being plunged into a mysterious world of foggy sleep