Chapter 33: A Hero's Gamble

Lucifer laughs as everybody around him are breathing hard and bleeding from multiple wounds, he breaks Miyaki's spear as he stabs him with it. He rips the blade out of his torso and throws it aside as he smiles at him. Miyaki drags his leg behind him and faces him head on, Lucifer's eyes light up and he faces his hand towards them. "Inferno Incinerator." He says as his fingertips bursts into flames and he unleashes an gigantic wave of fire. The fire rapidly charges towards them as Axel lands in front of it, he appears to have something in his hand and he swings it as the fire hits him. The fire disappears, it turns into a golden mist of sprinkles and it swirls in the air around them. Axel stands tall, his golden scales shine as bright as the sun and a hammer matching his brightness in his hands, "The Holy Knight, Axel, is here...to defeat you." He says as the demon looks at him with a blank stare. Miyaki summons another spear as he attaches it to his holster on his back, "Just like the old days huh, big guy? I'm glad you're back." He says as Axel tightens his grip on the hammer. "Well I've never left, just needed a rest. One misstep and fell on my ass, now nothing will stand in my way!" Axel says as Lucifer laughs loudly, he sees the two renowned warriors get ready, he punches the ground and magma erupts out. Axel swings his hammer as the magma hardens around the hammer to cushion the blow, Lucifer slams the ground again and more magma forms up his arms. His arms steam and absorb the magma, his arms illuminate some strange aura that only covers his arms down to his fingertips, he gains the higher hand and appears under Axel. He pushes him back with a sudden force, Lucifer throws his hands in front of him and Axel swings his hammer again, it strikes the ground hard. He lands on top of it, smiling as he effortlessly dodges his destructive swings, the ground traps Lucifer's feet as Sim sets a spell in the distance. Miyaki flies high in the air along with Mary and swings his spear towards him, Mary in his wolf form sends a blast towards him and creates an explosion. A shadow illuminates off his body, it guards him from Mary's attack and grabs the blade of Miyaki's spear, it sends a roar that pushes everyone back. Axel stays within distance as the shadow withers away as his hammer glows, "BRUTE CRUSHER!!" He yells as the hammer hits Lucifer's body and the force wipes anything around them away within a several mile radius. He flies through half the island and becomes motionless as he finally lands hard to the ground, the hammer releases steam and Axel exhales, "Ahh. Nobody could survive a strike like that." He says as Genesis walks to him. Rio walks in the temple as everyone else follows him in, "It seems that demon set off all the traps this place had over the years, it should be a straight shot." Sim says as Mary gets on all-fours and starts sniffing around. "I don't smell anyone or anything, we should be ok." Mary says as Miyaki catches up to Rio. "Hey. You didn't fight back there...what happened?" Miyaki says as Rio looks down. "My powers...don't...work." Rio replies as Miyaki gives him a confused look. "Before I met Axel, I limited myself...I couldn't control them." He says as he spits an acid drop and it burns the wall nearby. "I have like these glimpses of my powers coming back, but I don't see it coming back." He says as Miyaki hands him a dagger. "I guess this is it." Axel says as he swings back the hammer to break down the door. "Wait, you destructive buffoon, don't just swing away and break the damn thing." He says as the door opens and Seses is on the other side.

"Come on, come on, chop-chop, we have work to do, we don't have much time." He says as everybody jumps back. "I am no threat, I am Seses, I've been named many things but One Eyed Sage seems to stick." He says as Miyaki kneels. "Oh, great one." He says as Seses taps his head, "To your feet. No time for that, let's go." He says as Miyaki gets up quickly. "Well Axel I'm sorry to break it to you, but you may have to be our generator, the bunch we have here won't make this work." He says as Axel drops his hammer. "How much you need?" He says as Seses shakes his head. "Oh no, you must've misread me, we're using your energy to power this temple. As least long enough for the ritual is complete." Seses says as Axel shrugs. "Do what you must, I act for the greater good." Axel replies with a grin.