Chapter 29

One week later,
At their house,
Morning....

Izuku's POV

One week had passed since Kacchan and Hitoshi-kun started living with me and Shouta. The house became more lively and chaotic with them around. Kacchan yelling at Ranran that seemed oddly attached to him, Hitoshi sometimes falling asleep in front of the bathroom. They brightened up our live!

It was not difficult taking care of them. In fact, I felt like a real mother raising her growing children, though they weren't my real kids. Well, I can view them as my own children then! Since I couldn't adopt them...

This one whole week had become busy for the first year students and teachers. That included me. We, teachers, were helping the students coming up with their special moves for the Provisional Licensing Exam. The exam was scheduled to start in another two weeks.

And today, I fell ill.

Fever struck me so I couldn't join the teachers and students. I could not see their awesome moved! Uwaaaaa!!

So yeah, here I am, laying in the bed with the kitties sleeping close to me.

I stroked Ranran's orange fur contentedly. Her fur was as soft as silk, so were the other two furballs. And stroking them was like a therapy for me. They calmed me down and washed away all negativity... At least I wasn't left alone in this big house.

Today was very calm and peaceful. I had eaten my breakfast and took my medicine, so I just needed to have enough rest until l recovered. I guessed the felines were speeding the recovery. I started feeling much better quicker than I imagine thanked to them.

"Haaafuuu~"

I rubbed the half-and-half kitten's ear, earning a purr of satisfaction from her. Ranran and Yuki were fast asleep, but Hafu was still awoke. She refused to sleep and kept meowing at me, asking me to pet her. So I did.

As I was enjoying my time alone with the kitten, a ring of the doorbell cut off the precious moment. Getting up from the bed, I wondered to myself who in the world would come to my house around this hour.

Mailman perhaps?

I was feeling dizzy because of the fever but I ignored it. Staying strong, I shakily left my bedroom and walked toward the entrance door. With all my energy, I opened the door. What I saw was not the thing I expected the most.

The man standing before me was Kai.

"K-Kai?"

I blurted out his name in turbulence and surprise. Was my fever that bad that I was hallucinating now???

"...hey."

Kai's husky voice confirmed my theory that I wasn't dreaming. This was all real. He was exactly standing in front of me, wearing his casual attire and black mask. He eyed me quietly.

"Oh...um...come in...."

I hesitantly welcomed Kai in to my house. I stepped back to give him space, but clumsy me tripped on my foot instead. My sense of equilibrium was off as I was suffering from fever.

Luckily, Kai caught me in the nick of time. "Don't push yourself." He reminded, before picking me up bridal style and carried me to the couch in the living room. He set me down gently.

An awkward smile of embarrassment curled on my lips. "Sorry. I feel slightly sick today." Quickly apologized for troubling him, I stared at his masked face intently. He was wearing the black mask I gave to him several years ago...

Why did he decide to wear that mask...now...?

I recognized it as the mask I gave to him since I sew it myself. I used green strings to decorate the mask a little. There was a small shape of bunny head on the corner of the mask. It was my animal character...that I chose. I love bunny and everyone tended to say I looked like one.

"...may I know why are you here...?"

The question slipped away from my mouth. Kai sat down on the other couch, staring at me with his sad eyes. That was rare of him to look so upset. I could sense the heartache in his soft gaze.

"... I want to apologize." Kai spelled out his intention. Shock clearly was written all over my face. Did I hear it wrong or...?

"I know a 'sorry' is not enough for all the hell I put you through. I realized I was acting very immature back then...till now. I overlooked your feelings, even our bond as family...and continuously hurt you with my words..."

Kai clenched his trembling hand into firm fists. I could sense tears slowly forming in my emerald eyes. "I won't ask you to give me a second chance, your forgiveness, or to start over from square one. But at least let me apologize for my cruel actions in the past. " He hung his head low, looking down to the floor.

I weakly seated up myself on the couch. Tears leaked out from the corner of my eyes. I went over to him and pulled him into a hug. "Oh, Kai, I have always forgiven you." I whispered to him with my croaky voice.

Kai flinched at my words. "How could you...forgive me so easily...?" His voice was also shaking with disbelief. I didn't answer him. I only tightened the embrace. "Because you are my brother." I gently uttered to him.

"Izuku..."

Kai returned the hug eventually. He buried his face in my shoulder. I patted his broad back softly. He had grown up a lot, even though I still could see the smol 12 years old Kai. I love seeing his short stature back then.

I untangled myself from Kai. Suddenly, I sneezed out of nowhere. I hurriedly looked away from him so the germ wouldn't affect him. "Looks like you have quite the serious fever. Wait a minute, I will cook your favourite soup." He immediately got up, heading to the kitchen before I could stop him.

Oh, jeez... He hasn't changed at all. Still the same caring Kai...

I smiled happily at my big brother.  Finally, the day I waited so patiently for...had arrived.

Thank goodness , we both are no longer in bitterness.

>>>>>

After the visit,
Yakuza's residence...

Kai's POV

"Kai! Where did you go earlier?"

Hari approached me the moment I walked into the gigantic traditional Japanese house. I turned to my childhood friend. "Visiting Izuku." I bluntly replied as I took off my shoes. As expected , he gasped.

"Kai, don't tell me you have a fight with her again..."

"What? No. That is not what I mean. We mended our relationship, that is all."

Hari seemed glad by the news. He pulled a smile of joy on his face. "Finally!" He clapped his hand together. "I'm gonna inform Pops about this. We should have a feast--"

"Please don't make a big fuss over this." Sadly, he ignored my pleading. Hari proceeded to go on and on about holding a feast to celebrate my bravery or whatnot.

I facepalmed. I couldn't argue with him when he was determined like this. Hari was difficult to handle sometimes. He was too handful.

Well, everything is good now. I am happy I was able to mend the broken relationship between me and Izuku.

I wish for her an eternal happiness with her lover.

And of course, them too...