My thoughts

Book review:Andrew Ridgeley's memoir, Wham!, George Michael and me:I just got finished reading the memoir on August 30, 2020.

Andrew gives us a fantastic window into his friendship with George and some of the scenes behind their musical journey.

It is very well written with a flowing, conversational tone. It's also somewhat ironic that the "bad boy" of the group at the time has penned such a touching account of the human relationships in this story that developed over the years. Andrew may have been more sensitive and self-aware than others gave him credit for, or perhaps it's a quality that only comes with age and experience. Maybe both. Either way, this book is informative and fun to read.

Andrew helped George realize his full potential, Wham! let Andrew live his dream, and their friendship has been a blessing to all of us. His side of the story is well worth reading.

What a wonderful surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect from the book, but I loved it. Andrew gives us a love letter to Wham! and George Michael. And to himself really too. It's a heartfelt journey through their intense friendship, to their beginnings in the music and then the meteoric rise to international stardom. It's a really interesting look into the music industry in the early 80's. Thoroughly entertaining. It's written like you're talking to a friend, and they're sharing amazing family photos. It's also a VERY quick read. Beautiful story of music and lifelong friendship.

It was so well written, funny, never boring or full of fluff and just full of so much interesting information about Andrew and George as individuals and how Wham went through its ups and downs and follows it's creation to it's ending. Well worth the read and a must for any Andrew George or Wham! fan. Thank you Andrew for sharing your memories, personal pictures and notes and thoughts with us and for giving George the confidence to be who he was. There certainly would never have been a Wham! or a George Michael without you and your talents! Thank you Andrew so much for writing this memoir! I highly recommend reading this book!!