The Story Before The Story

Melody!!! Melody!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!???the man shouted in a panic praying to the heavens that they haven't found her.

He cradled the baby in his arms close to his chest as he ran through the woods shouting his wife's name. After running for what felt like forever he found himself in a clearing with trees on every side . He then spotted a log to which he ran and carefully sat down making sure the little girl wrapped in a velvet blank with a thumb in her mouth was comfortable. The sweat that covered his body was nothing compared to the tears flowing from his eyes as all the bad outcomes of what could have happened to his wife flooded his mind.

As he clung unto the fabric swaddling his daughter he cried. His body trembled and his heart ached from the sorrow he felt .Tears that seemed endless trailed down his face soaking the baby's blanket. A rustling from the bushes ceased the man's crying as his head shot up and his shoulders squared ready to protect his daughter from whatever or whoever was there.
His hold on the child became firm as the rustling got louder. The person who emerged from the bush had the man on his feet instantly a huge smile and a look of relief on is face.

"Mel your okay "he breathed out as he hugged his wife careful not the squish the baby. The woman wrapped her arms around him holding the two most important people in her life close. Then the reality of the situation hit her and she hastly stepped back to look into her husband's eyes.

"Jake we don't have much time. Their already here and will not stop until they have her dead you must get her to safety I will hold them off as long as I can" Melody said, panic and urgency washing over her features.

"NO! Mel I will not leave you behind. So forget it. Your coming with me and we are allll getting somewhere safe end of discussion." Jake said with a face that dared any one to try him. Melody knowing that the only way to save her child was to let them leave her to fight brought her hands up and gentle held the side of her husband's face , brushing her thumb ever so lightly across his cheek . She then looked into his eyes that held determtion ,love and fear.

She looked down at her daughter and smiled sadly. She then kissed forehead of the little baby that in return looked up at her with shining, oblivious eyes . Taking of a necklace with a small golden harp on it from around her neck she place it around the baby's neck then whispered softly "So that I will always be with you"

After which with a shakey voice and a heavy heart she spoke her next words to the shaking man infront of her " Jake I wish we could always be together. I would give everything to see my daughter grow up to be the wonderful young woman I know she will become. I want to be with you till we're old and grey. I want to hold our grandchildren,spoil them and tell them stories. I want be with you so much more than you will ever know. Your are my life ,my love and the keeper of my heart and that will never change not even after death do us part. I will always be with you, always love you and always have you and my daughter at the forefront of my heart."

What happened next tore the woman's heart........

It was as if something burst and the man fell to his knees sobbing and clinging on to his wife begging her not to ask him to leave her behind. Pleading with her to stay and be with him always.

This broke the woman's heart but she knew it was the only way. He knew it too and after many attempts to stop his crying he finally managed to and with trembling legs stood up. He slowly brought his hand to his wife face and gently leaned in kissing her with so much passion and pain. He poured his heart and soul into the kiss as this would be his last time kissing the love of his life.

"I will never ever ever stop loving you I hope you know that. Your are my everything and I love you with everything fibre of my being." Jake said as he clung to his wife for the last time. He then placed a soft kiss on her forehead and with one last look at the face and into  the eyes of the woman he considered without a doubt his lifeline he  then took off into the darkness of the woods. Even though the distance between them increased he knew his heart will never leave the woman his feet carried him further and further away from.

Upon reaching the edge of the woods he could hear the loud clashing of swords and chariots coming to a halt. The ground vibrated as his wife used the last of her powers to keep the army of warriors from getting to them. Despite the protests of his heart to turn back and help his wife he kept moving. He knew she wouldn't be able to stop them all because of the weak state that she was in and his thoughts where confirmed when he heard thundering footsteps and loud shouts from deep in the woods coming towards them. He quickly ran to his truck parked in the corner unoticable to anyone and sped of after making sure the baby was secure. Tears watered his eyes threatening to fall but the determination to protect his daughter gave him the courage to stomp down on the gas pedal and off into the night they fled .