Chapter 3 - How it started

Start writing your story

Your POV:

I woke up early to get my workout started. I loved kickboxing in the morning because it gets my energy up for the day. I wrap the tape around my hands staring intently at the punching bag.

"I'm surprised I have no bruises form yesterday. Definitely doing yoga after this though." I say to myself. After finally taping my hands, I start to punch and kick the bag. I try to think of any situation that got me mad like when my best friend ate the food that I saved for after practice one time. I wasn't even aware he came over since I was still working on controlling my powers.

He was so surprised to see me since I switched to being homeschooled and was now a beastman. I was super furious especially since my name was all over it in the fridge. 'I know I shouldn't hold a grudge but come on. I get that we're best friends but he knew how I feel about my food and my training did not help the situation.'

'Look at me. Now I'm rambling in my head,' I grunt as I harshly kick the bag causing it to tip over and fall on its side. I take in a deep breath, lift the bag back up, roll out a mat and begin my yoga. 'I'm not sure if I'm as flexible as I used to but we'll see.' After a stress relieving yoga session, I shower to get ready for the day.

The usual routine but since I have some time before I have to leave, I'll make some eggs and toast. The sizzle of the pan rings through my apartment as I scramble the eggs. The toaster timer ticking before finally popping up the toast. The sun's rays flooded the kitchen as I sat on the island bar stole. I quickly ate my food and started to clean. I had some time to kill so might as well clean around a bit before I have to leave.

I began to clean everything on the counter first and reorganize anything that was previously out of order. My OCD kicks in when things don't look according to my standards. Then, began to sweep around the kitchen and living room until I was able to mop the floor. I while the floor dries, I start to fold my clothes in my room and place dirty clothes into the hamper. "I guess I need another trip to the laundromat soon," I say to myself as I place the hamper back into the corner of the room.

I then go into the bathroom and scrub the shower, toilet and sink clean before sweeping and moping the floors. After about 4 hours. I managed to finish cleaning for the day. Now, I need to get ready for work.

First, down a glass of water with my allergy pills. I love being outside but nature sure as hell hates me. I pull my jacket hood over my head, lock my apartment and head out the door.

Not much was supposed to happen for me today but, nothing is truly normal about living in Anima City any way. I walk into town to do some grocery shopping for work. I have to look natural after all.

Not sure if I mentioned this but, I work for the government of Anima City. The mayor specifically was the one that hired me. I'm more of a hidden-in-plain-sight kind of spy. I go around and act like a civilian as I scan for any suspicious behavior. When I first got here, I didn't have a place to go. Normally, a new comer would go to the Beast Co-op to settle down into this world but not me. I was part of the streets for about 6 months until the mayor found me.

She had just come out of her favorite café and found me sitting next to a bus stop with my arms wrapped around my body, dirt on my clothes and skin and cuts littered my body. She was very kind toward me which wasn't something that I wasn't used to so I was very cautious.

She asked me why I wasn't home and I told her about leaving my home in the human world to live here. I didn't have many high paying jobs but instead got into some things that I wasn't proud of until I left the job that day. I was tired of getting involved with beastmen like that but I didn't have money nor experience to get an easier job. Since I was a good fighter, I got involved with the bad side of town...