Chapter 4 - It's just a scratch

Start writing your story

Warning- Slight blood may appear

Your POV:

When I finally make it inside the lab, I notice how terrible the destruction was there. Everything in the database room was destroyed rom the ground up. There was so many mixes of smells here but something was off. I walk closer to the area which seemed like took the most damage. I squat down to the ground ad inch closer. "It looks like the bomb was placed here but..." I rub my fingers at the location and sniff them. "There's no smell? How can that be? Shirou probably was the one that told the sheriff about the bombs earlier." I slowly stand up and stare at the spot.

I walk back to the door and caught a smell. "Michiru is nearby as well as the sheriff," I take in a whiff again as I walk toward her. "I'm guessing the other is Shirou and some other smell guessing it's someone else and," I stop walking in the hallway. "The empty spot again. The culprit is still here somewhere." I dash toward them hearing my feet smack the ground.

Shirou, Michiru and the sheriff are inside talking to Mr.Yaba, who is the Medical Center director. By the looks of it, they figured out how this all happened. "Well this looks like fun," I whisper to myself as I begin to walk up to the group.

"How dare you accuse me to hide your own intensions?!" the man behind a desk says. "I assume that this is the medical director?" I say as I stand next to Michiru not breaking eye contact with the man who just finished speaking. Michiru looks at me and exclaims, "Sakura! Glad you're here!" I ruffle her hair and Shirou talks to me while still looking at the man. "This is Mr.Yaba. He's the director like you said."

"We say some of you staff doing business with a gang. I'm guessing you're involved in that charade too." Michiru says stepping toward Mr.Yaba. "Easy tiger," I whisper to her, "he may try something," still glaring at the man in front of us.

"To eliminate proof, you set up everything and bombed the laboratory," Shirou continues. "Quite interesting to let all that hard work go to waste," I narrow my eyes slightly as I adjust my hood so it casts a shadow over my face. My eyes glow a slight red as my beast form beginning to take over.

"How can you trust what this guy says?!" Mr.Yaba yells pointing at Shirou. Shirou's eyes change slightly and Mr.Yaba cowers back. "If you follow the scent that the crime leaves, you'll always find the culprit," Shirou begins, "there was a part of the crime scene that had no scent at all."

"Mr.Yaba, your hands don't seem to have a scent even though all beastmen have their own smell," I conclude. "In accordance with the regulations of the Beastmen Special Zone, the scent analysis will be used as proof for this matter," The sheriff states while holding up some paper. "Mr.Yaba, why don't we have a long talk down at the station?"

Just then, Mr.Yaba turns into his rhino beastman form roaring at us. I place myself in front of them as he charges at us before Shirou pushes me out the way and catches him by the horn.

"Shirou!" Michiru screams. Another scent I pick up but once I turn around, I see that a chameleon has his tail wrapped around her neck. "You move an inch and I strangle her!" the beastman exclaims. "God dammit, this is why I work alone," I mutter under my breath. Shirou gets punched into a wall by the rhino and I run up to him. "Get out of here, Mimura!" Mr.Yaba yells as the chameleon runs out the door with Michiru still wrapped in his tail.

"Catch them!" Shirou yells at me and the sheriff.

"On it." "Right."

"You call your team; I'll try to get up another way!" I yell running ahead.

'This wasn't according to plan.' My eyes glow red again before transforming into my beastman form. Wings burst out my back and I crash through a window and fly to the top. 'They're on the roof. I can smell it.'