*Prologue

"Ugh! This stinks!" the new inmate, Roger, complained as he swiped the tray of jail food away from his face. John looked at Roger and shook his head, "it's either that or nothing, pal." He said. 

Roger rolled his eyes at his seatmate and let his eyes wander around the lunchroom, trying to find some excitement in this hell hole. His eyes caught sight of a young boy, seating in the very corner of the room alone. The boy looked odd. He had pearly white hair, pale skin, and toxic green eyes. He seemed to be no older than 16 and he was filled with restraints.

Restraints are devices that block or weaken the powers of the inmates in Arkham. It depends on the inmate or where and how many they have. Some had them on their wrists, ankles, biceps, feet, hands, or neck. Some had one, two, three, four. But this particular boy had six. 

"Hey," he nudged his seatmate, much to John's displeasure, "who's that kid?" 

John looked at the direction Roger was looking at and his face paled. He slumped back down to his seat, hoping the young boy did not see him. "I wouldn't bother that one if I were you," John said, his voice having a bit of a tremble. 

Roger looked quizzically at John. How could he be scared of a child? 

"Why?" Roger pushed, "it's just a kid."

"That ain't no kid," Killer Croc chimed in. Roger was surprised. Usually, the Killer Croc would just seclude himself from the rest of the Arkham Inmates and talk with a few. "That's Phantom. It's better to stay away from him. The last one that bothered him had his neck cracked."

"And The Boy didn't even raise a finger," John added. 

"Ugh, you guys are cowards," Roger said as he pushed away from the table. "Where are you going?" John whisper-yelled at him, knowing where this would end. 

Roger looked back and gave them a sneaky smirk, "I'm going to do what you cowards can't." That was his final say as he walked over to the boy.

John rolled his eyes and turned back to Killer Croc. "He can't even escape this hell-hole."