*2

A/N: You know, it's very, VERY annoying how people keep asking for updates. I have no time! I have school, deadlines, and other responsibilities! I asked for a break in the other chapter, but was that honored? NO!

Now, if I see ANY comment asking for an update, I will put this book on HIATUS. Or better yet, UNPUBLISH THIS! 

Sigh. I don't need another one asking me for an update, because there will be a literal chance that I will throw my computer, burn it, and bury it in the ground!

If you haven't seen the warning, well... Your fault.

Batman laid back on his computer with his cowl down, examining the information that was displayed upon him. 

Patient: Phantom

Alias/es: The Boy, Ghosty

Crime: Unknown

Date admission: Unknown

Age: 15-16

Summary: 7 restraints due to leak of supernatural abilities, harming and killing other patients. Even with 7 restraints, supernatural abilities still tend to leak. Cannot/ will not speak. Impeccably silent. Requests for a large dose of pills daily. Has low heartbeat and thermal reading. Does not try to break out of Arkham, helps break out other patients, nor follow other patients when there is a break out. 

Abilities: Can manipulate surrounding temperature, flight, intangibility, invisibility (we believe we have not seen the full display of his abilities)

The list of his abilities and his summary were one of Bruce's top concern. Phantom is not the youngest one he has seen in Arkham, but he was one of the most interesting. What concerns him more is that he had never heard of this boy until recently.

Why does it worry him? Well, he's Batman!

"Hey, B," Richard's voice echoed through the cave a he approached the man in front of the computer. "Got another case?" Richard asked as he sipped his hot cocoa. 

Richard looked at what was displayed on the bat computer and he questioningly raised his brow. "Phantom? Who's Phantom?" Richard asked as he looked back at his mentor.

Bruce sighed. "That's the point," he replied. "I don't know anything about Phantom and it just frustrates me."

"Well, whoever he is, he must had a good reason to be in Arkham."

"But what reason?" Bruce asked, rereading the file. "He just- He just can't simply think that he belongs there! He's 16!" Bruce groaned in frustration. He rubbed his temples, trying to ease his upcoming headache.

Richard look at him, confused on why is he so interested. Bruce was never interested in criminals that were in Arkham. At least, the ones he fought. Which was basically every villain there. So seeing him get so worked up on a new one is so... amusing. 

He wonders where this will lead to. 

~

Bruce Wayne sighed in relief as he signed the last form. The man in the desk skimmed over the forms then nodded. He put the papers below the desk and then looked at Bruce Wayne. "Let's go, shall we?" the man asked as he stood up from his seat. 

Bruce had a ghost of a smile and nodded, copying the man's actions. 

Once they were outside, five guards surrounded them as they continued to walk by the hallways. 

Criminals eyed Bruce Wayne as he passed their cells. Some mocked him and the others glared. Bruce didn't mind. This was expected from rowdy unstable criminals he had beaten time and time again. 

As they walked down the hall, the temperature kept decreasing with every step they took. They stopped in a cell where stood a small boy with untamed snow white hair. 

"Cell 47, inmate: Phantom," the man said, as the guards opened the cell door. The boy turned back as soon as he heard the fist creak of the cell door opening. He was confused as to why two men would open his cell doors. 

"Phantom..." Bruce Wayne said in a gentle voice he uses to sing Dick to sleep, "I'm here to get you out of this place." 

Phantom's neon eyes widened. 

The temperature in the room dropped instantly. Bruce could see his breath in the cold air. 

Phantom backed away from the men standing in front of his cell. "Phantom..." Bruce said again, "it's okay. You're going to be oka-"

Phantom closed his eyes shut as he swung his arm. Crystal spikes grew from the ground in a fast pace, Bruce almost didn't have time to react. The guards in front of the cell readied there weapons and was about to shoot. "Stand down!" Bruce commanded. The guards looked at him, confused as to why he would order that during a threat. 

"Stand down," the adviser repeated. Hesitantly, the guards lowered their weapons, but they still gripped on them just in case things go South. The Adviser nodded at Bruce, telling him to do anything as he pleased. 

Bruce looked back at the boy over the rigid crystals that separate them. He saw the boy sat on the ground, his palms hiding his eyes, trying to prevent the droplets that fall from his eyes. 

Bruce zig-zagged his way to the boy, not caring that his suit was being ripped by the sharp crystals. He found his way in front of the boy, and his face softened. The boy looked helpless and scared. It reminded him of Dick when he was 9 and still suffered from nightmares. 

He bent down, ignoring the cold child he felt of the icey floor below him. He reached out and grabbed the boy by his shoulders and pulled him into a gentle hug. Phantom tried to pull out from the embrace but it was so warm and comforting that his body did not comply to his wishes. 

He melted into the embrace, he couldn't help but sob. 

The room grew warm slowly. The frozen crystals slowly melted onto the floor and the cell started to feel like any other cell in Arkham. 

Bruce picked the sleeping boy up with no difficulty. He was almost as light as a feather. He walked out from the wet cell and smiled thankfully at the adviser. He nodded as he motioned the guards to stand in the position they came in. 

Bruce walked down the halls with the boy in his arms. The other inmates watched in amazement and others in disbelief. But generally, all of them were in shock. 

The youngling they feared was asleep in a man's arms. And he looked so peaceful.