Chapter 2- Hey! Jennifer Here

"Life is beautiful if you have the eyes to see its beauty".

Jennifer's POV

Mark just proposed Elena. I mean I know, not exactly proposed but he did say that he wants to marry her. Elena on the other hand has been planning to break up with him since a very  long time. She is definitely going to scream and break stuff when we reach home. What do I do? Not even a single word has she spoken since we left. I was worried about Mrs Patterson a while ago and now I have bigger issues to face.

We reached our home exactly at 11:55. 5 minutes prior to our deadline. I could see the lights switched on. Mrs Patterson is a good human being when you follow rules. She texted me

'Dear Jennifer,
I have seen that you have reached home and have obeyed the rules. I don't want to hear any noise now. I have an urgent meeting early in the morning

Regards
Diaz Patterson'

Yeah, she is old. Around 57 I guess. She texts in this manner unlike us. I felt relieved but I knew there was an even bigger volcano I had to stop from eruption. I unlocked the door and let Elena step in. I switched on the lights.

"Elle? Umm.. I actually have shoot tomorrow and", I waited for her to reply but her face had zero expression. Her face was emotionless.

Elle closed her eyes and said, "I know this is just a dream and tomorrow I will wake up and this day would just be a dream".

I don't know whether she slept or not but I couldn't sleep. Elena's parents died when she was very young. She didn't cry that day. She just slept and said, "I will sleep and it will all be fine tomorrow".
I know the situation is all different but she is scared for sure. How is she gonna tell Mark, that she does not want to marry him and she actually never loved him. She liked him, had a little bit of feelings for him but, love is different. Elena thinks she can never fall in love. Love is off limits for her. Elena thinks love makes you weak, it makes you vulnerable, it drives you crazy. I don't know, maybe she is right. But, I truly feel I will fall in love with someone, someday.

(Next morning)

"Jen. JEN!!! wake up", I could hear Elle scream and throw things here and there. This means she is out of her dream. She has realized that everything that happened yesterday was true. She is definitely losing her mind.

"Elena Joseph!!!! STOP"

"jenn. Why did I even go to his party?"

"because you are his girlfriend"

"yeah yeah right, but why did I start dating him?".

"because you liked him babe".

"yeah right right. And why do I not like him anymore?".

"because though he respects you and loves you, he is against your profession and you have been lying to him about your part time job as a choreographer".

Oh God I just realized what I said. I was not supposed to say this. Every time Elena is confused about someone or something she comes running to me for solutions. She is an adult now and she is suppose to take her own decisions. I shouldn't be taking decisions for her. But yeah, she played me this time as well. She tricked me. Ughhhh.

Elena turned back towards me and kissed my forehead and said, "we are soul mates. I love you too. Now, go get ready, you have your shoot right?".

"Elena listen to me, you cannot have me around you all the time", I tried to be calm but I was very furious.

"if I don't have you around me, I will then decide what to do. But, that's not today. So.... Go get ready. I will make you breakfast",she smiled and blew me a kiss.