Preparation

"So Bella I hear your a block?" Benjamin asks, I'd grown to like him over the past few days, so had Edward, he'd said Benjamin had a strong sense of right and wrong "Yes." I answer "What does it mean? What can you do?" some of the others lean in as well, as far as I'm aware, me and Olivia are the only blocks in the vampire world, its pretty cool if you ask me. "Any powers used against me I reflect back. For example I can read Edward's mind, but only his. And if Jane uses her power on me, it reflects back to her." Our guests had been really understanding of Jane, Alec, Demetri and Felix once they heard their stories. It turns out Felix just wanted to protect people, and the Volturi manipulated him into thinking he was doing that. "Wow. So hang on, if you touch Aro, you'll know his every thought?" He checks "Probably." "Wicked." we all laugh, I'm a lot more relaxed now Tanya isn't around as much, and when she is she stays clear of me and Edward. "Bella!" Emmett walks in smiling, "Yes Emmett?" I sigh theatrically and everyone laughs "Its fight training. For everyone." He adds "Why did you call me then?" "Because I want to fight you." His smile becomes more pronounced. He still hasn't forgiven me for the arm wrestling contest, and he's been using this fight as an excuse for payback -I'd beaten him twice so I didn't think it was working. 

Once again I pin him to the floor, then call Edward forward. "Bella, I told you I don't want to fight you." "Play fight?" I ask, he just rolls his eyes and stands in front of me. Somehow, and even I'm not sure how, I end up on his shoulders with my lips against his neck "Gotcha." I say and kiss him, then I jump down "Whose next?" I laugh. 

The next few days go like this, Practice, hunt, a bit of rest, repeat. Today me and Edward were walking back to the main house when we hear a fight inside. "Benjamin!" Amun is shouting "I will not fight! I thought we were witnessing your lack of contact with her father," He points at me "but your stealing half my coven! And your asking me to die with you!" "I would never ask for that Amun." Carlisle says calmly, but Edward steps in "I will. I ask all of you to fight. Not just for my family but for yours. Aro's goal isn't respect, or even fear, its power. He wants gifts. And we have so many in this room, we have a good chance of beating them. But if you cower away now there wont be enough of us, and he will win. And he will take some of us. And then he will come to you individually, and you will not stand a chance. But if we stand together we could end the Volturi, I haven't asked Alice but the odds look good." I've never loved him more then I do in this moment, he speaks with so much passion. Suddenly everyone's declaring to fight, The Denali's, The Irish Coven, Benjamin and Tia, Peter and Charlotte, Garret (Who had bonded with Kate whilst he was here, I had a feeling he'd follow her anywhere after this), the tribe from Brazil, of course all the Cullens who didn't really have a choice, the only people who didn't join us were Alistair -who'd left- and Amun and Kebi, who were together.

"Lets hope it doesn't come to that." Edward says walking back over to me "I love you." I think "I love you more." "Impossible." "I think its very possible." "Ugh! You two are driving me insane!" Olivia shouts out loud, everyone looks at us, and Edward taps his temple and laughs, I laugh with him "You can always put your shield up." I wink at her "Ugh!" She storms out and everyone laughs. "Safrina, can you show me something?" Edward asks after a few hours, Safrina has power over the mind and can make you see things, I'm pretty sure she can even blind you. "Whoa. That was weird." She said "What?" me and Edward asked at the same time "I tried it on Bella, it was... weird. Anyway, Edward, what do you want to see?" "Um, show me where you live, the rain forest." he suggests, she nods and Edwards face is filled with wonder. "Bella!" Emmett shouts "Practice!" "No." Edward growls, Safrina stops showing him whatever she was showing him, and Emmett backs off at his tone. Everyone else in the room jumps a bit then goes back to what they were doing. "Hey." I say grabbing his arm and looking into his eyes, I can't explain it but I just know what he needs, I don't even have to be able to read his mind. "Okay." I nod and we head back to the cottage.

"Sorry I shouldn't have reacted that way. It's just.. the snow will stick to the ground in a few days and-" He explains, "Shh, your completely within your right to be stressed. Can we make a promise to each other?" I ask, he nods "We do whatever it takes to keep ourselves alive, for each other. And if one of us dies, so does the other." I look him in the eye "Bella I don't want you to die just because I'm dead." We both wince as the last word comes out "If I die? Will you want to live on?" I ask "Fine. I promise."He answers and I hug him. 

The night before the battle, we're having a bonfire in the forest. Telling war stories, the fire is brilliant thanks to Benjamin who can influence the elements. I get a tap on the shoulder, its Tanya. I stiffen but turn around expectantly "Can I talk to you?" She asks quietly, I try my best to keep my tone polite "Sure." we go further into the woods into a little clearing. "If you die, Edwards mine." She says coldly, I gasp, I was expecting an apology "Actually, me and Edward promised each other that if one of us dies so will the other. Since we cant live without each other." I answer, my tone just as cold. "That's a bit self absorbed. To think he loves you that much that he would rather die then be away from you. I've loved him for centuries. I deserve him, you were just a meek little human. What made you think you were good enough? He doesn't love you." "Yes he does!" I shout and lunge at her, we fight, she tries to rip my hair out unsuccessfully, but she does rip my right arm off, I scream but it doesn't stop me. I've never hated someone as much as I hate Tanya. "Bella!" Edward shouts panicked, he tries to pull me back but it doesn't work, I throw Tanya into the nearby tree. "How dare you?!" I shout "How dare I?! Ha! Your the one who took the person I deserve! He could never love you!" "Well he clearly doesn't love you. I mean he married me a 'meek human' just to get you to shut up!" I shout and she lunges at me again, flying through the air, but Edward knocks her out the way "How dare you talk to my wife like that?" I've never seen him so angry, but then he sees my right arm on the floor and somehow he gets even angrier "How dare you." His voice sounded so menacing, even I was slightly scared. Suddenly I feel someones arms pulling my wrist behind my back, its Jasper, and Emmett is holding Edward back. 

"What did she say to you?" Edward asks me "If you die, Edwards mine. and then That's a bit self absorbed. To think he loves you that much that he would rather die then be away from you. I've loved him for centuries. I deserve him, you were just a meek little human. What made you think you were good enough? He doesn't love you. then How dare I?! Ha! Your the one who took the person I deserve! He could never love you!" Emmett and Jasper gasped, and I could tell they were angry at Tanya, Carlisle and Esme came then "Whats going on?" Carlisle asked, he looked furious, but not as angry as Edward, I didn't think that was possible. Jasper explained what had happened and Carlisle gasped "Tanya!" Maggie came around the corner as well then "I didn't say the things Bella said I did!" Tanya says "Liar." Maggie spits, Maggie can tell whether someones lying, its her extra ability "Bella's telling the truth." Edward breaks out of Emmett's grasp (How? I don't know) and walks over to me "Are you okay love?" He asks "I'm pissed." I say "And my arms over there, but apart from that." He laughs and goes to retrieve my arm, I stick it back on. "Tanya I think it's best you leave. I'll let you decide whether you come tomorrow." Carlisle says calmly "I won't. Its Bella's fault we're in this mess. If you ask me, she deserves to die." She replies, flicking her hair, Edward growls and shrinks into a crouch in front of me, I grab his arms "Don't. Its not worth it. Lets go home." He gets up and Jasper lets me go "Uh, see you guys tomorrow I guess." They all say goodbye and when we get to the bonfire Alice and Rosalie look at me "You okay?" Rose asks, Alice just hugs me, and I start vampire crying "She's right." I sob "No she's not." Edward says softly I continue to vampire-cry, even though I can hear his thoughts and I know he's not joking, "Charlie's my dad. If there's any one of us that dies it should be me. This is my fault." I continue to sob "No." Everyone growls at the same time. I don't believe them. Tanya's right, I know she is. Charlie's my dad. If I didn't exist none of this would've happened. I break away from Alice and lean into Edward "I want to go home." I mumble. He guides me back to the cottage and plays my lullaby for me. But for once, it doesn't calm me down. All I can think about is how Tanya is right, what if I found a way to die? But then I remember my promise to Edward, I would keep myself alive. And if I died Tanya would pounce on Edward like a cat on a mouse. I bit my lip and kept thinking it over. I came to a conclusion, I would do whatever it took to keep me and Edward alive. Or, almost anything....