1

•| ✿ |•

•| ✿ |•

One; meting them for the first time
------------------------

Monday 4:30

Sitting there in her bed, in a nest of fluffy pastel pillows and downy blanket, she realized that the only reason that she still work here. The reason why she hadn't been kicked out yet is because Poppy is full of raw chaotic energy and it seems like SHIELD enjoys it. It might because they enjoy it, or to remind themselves that there is still good outside, that not everything is an life or death situation. Also it might been a bit of stretch to say that it is the only reason, but for Poppy it was logical.

With consequences that leads to why she never can seem to be promoted to becoming a low level agent or something other than an ordinary general assistant. A general assistant? Not even a personal assistant.

Poppy don't really quite have grasped what they are dealing with, all the time, but it's seems out of the norm, nothing like your ordinary 9-5 job. It might also be that the tried to keep everything so quiet as possible.

Fortunately for them, she do know the best caffeinated beverages and other drinks in the whole wide world. Of course, it's not because she is living and being able to function because of coffee, because she thinks sleep is for the weak. Absolutely not, that would be crazy, right? And Poppy is rambling.

By looking at the time, 4;30, you could possibly think that Poppy is a responsible morning person. But no, she is just a extreme night person that decided to learn to trim a Japanese goat would be funny,-and much better time spent then sleeping.

The thing is that her work day starts a 5:00 am and that means that she have now a only half hour to get herself dressed and not depressed.

Sleep? Haven't seen her in days.
Dress code? Poppy don't know her.
Hotel? Trivago.

As an after thought from her morning realization about her work; How are she still working here?
Poppy mean, yes, she delivered all beverages and stuff to everyone on time and such,

-but the rest of the day Poppy is just siting in a bright pink chair (that She have absolutely not put in here without permission,) watching Netflix or reading and sipping on gods gift; ice coffee with a ungodly amount of whipped cream and chocolate.

•| ✿ |•

•| ✿ |•

Unsettling as the thought is, she would and could have quit her job and done something more exciting, but she just don't have any energy left to be anything more. Smart lazy. Everything in her being is wishing for more, but she just cannot for the life of her do it.

Thankfully, they haven't fired her yet. Sometimes she think they forget that she actually work here, and aren't just a stand up comedian that ones every day just goes into the wrong house, and starts telling people really awful jokes and puns. Awful? NO AWSOME JOKES!

I'm too tired for this.
Why am I here?
All straight A's wasted.
I was the leader for my high schools student council.
I was the teachers pet.

With thump someone just fell head first into the couch opposite her, not so ghastly. But the thing is that no one ever comes into this room. ( That's why she was low key was granted to keep her rade pink chair) . Then another one comes and another one, in the end there was eight of them. Two in spandex suits, almost like thick condomes, one with a robot arm, and one dressed in black tight leather materiel. The women in leather had her suit not fully zipped up at the front, which granted her a pick at her breast. And, my god, they were wonderful. Soft and pillowy. Perfection.

Oh! And one was a red golden robot .

"Sup my dudes, and who are you guys? I won't hesitate to throw this ice coffee on you! You should be lucky if I decide to throw it on you by the way!" Just wow, good job at being threatening Poppy. This is why mom always tells you that you should be satisfied by being a house wife for your soulmates.

" M'a lady, we are thé mighty Avengers." Said a blond mountain of la muscles. He was something out of this world, his voice felt like a mix of rain and red sweet appels.

"Welp, so are you like cosplayers that likes adventures, is it like larp?" This was so much more interesting then Netflix and extremely good eye candy.

"I'm a cosplayer, sometimes! Not as good as N- my friend! But the rest of us are not." Said a little boy with fake blood staines all over his spandex covered body. But wholly cow milk he were adorable.

"Far out dude. What's up with your friends, they look half dead." She causally eyed them, only two of them was up, the cosplayer and the muscle puddle.

" Well, we went on a mission with shield, I don't think that I'm allowed to tell you more, I'm might get benched If I do." He strutted out, looking adorable.

"That is so cool!" She said reassuring -while pulling of the best puppy eyes Poppy could. Her phone made a twittering sound from a notification, her eyes widen as she saw the time.

Double candy corne! She had forgot about the damn lunch! Before she wobbling skated away with her pink roller skates (that was absolutely not against the rules), She threw out a fast 'catch You On The Flip~side, dude.'

Poppy's hair flew behind her, as she skated through the building trying to make it in time, to not be noticeable late.

No one had noticed.

No one had noticed.

But that is what she wanted. She didn't want any pressure or expiations on her. Any need to be the perfect mate for anyone. Her femininity should not be forced by the hand that determines what her love is.

With a smile she shook the spray cream bottle, her arms ached. The buzz from all the employees eating lunch made her satisfied, it felt like she was a part of something bigger.

Drink after drink, she served with the same bright smile and the same polite phrases. Sometimes they responded kindly, while other just looked down at her. As if she was dumb, that the only thing she was good for was to make drinks. Or be someone's soulmate. They surely felt that she was unnecessary, that she should be home and take care of a load of kids.

Sometimes she wished for that. To be able to braid her hair before bed,
a bed warm with her soulmate (singular) to kiss them good night,
wake up with a smile, make coffee for her spouse, wake up her kids,
letting them play while she made breakfast,
kiss her mate good bye, make their bed,
then start to clean her house,
before a hand made lunch,
after she would bake,
put the cake in the own,
while she played outside with her kids,
do the laundry, make dinner,
hang the laundry, kiss her mate hello,
eat dinner, say good night to her kids,
And then repeat.

However she could never, she would forget something, she would mess up. It's better to just be easily pushed aside then being someone that people relies on. She was stuck in the middle.

Wishing for more, to be bigger. But also frightened by the idea of staying at home.