{12} Wanna Go For A Stroll?

He finally finished cooking and served me a plate. He sat across from me with crossed arms.

"What's wrong?" He asked casually.

"Nothing." I said still not looking at him.

"Is it the dream? Do you feel down because of that?" He asked again.

'It's not the dream dumb head! Its you!' I wanted to scream so bad.

"So do you wanna go see your sister today?" He asked changing the topic.

"Is that even a question? Of course. " I replied, maybe a bit too harsh because he didn't say anything after that.

Not even during the ride to the hospital did he say anything. There was an overburdening silence in the air until I was finally in my sister's room. But it didn't make anything better. The scene was a lot more depressing in here. My sister covered with bruised laying cold on a hospital bead with all the machines surrounding her, keeping her alive.

'At this rate I'll probably end up in the mental asylum. Only if it weren't for you dad, my sister wouldn't have been half dead.'

I sat near my sister holding her hand again. "Are you really going to leave me alone like this? Are you not gonna keep your word to mom? You should be with me not in bed sleeping all day. Who's going to hug me to sleep now? " I complained although I knew she couldn't hear me.

Half of me felt guilty for leaving her alone that day.

"Hey Areum. How are you?" Jimin entered the room wearing a pretty smile. I braced myself for all the questions he was going to ask.

"Hey. I'm good." I replied.

"Areum, I hate bothering you right now but I got something to ask you."

Here goes.

"What is it?" I asked pretending to not know anything.

"Umm...I'd like to know more about your father." He asked innocently.

I hate betraying him like this after all he has done for me. But I have to.

"My father? Well...he's a drunkard. He occasionally gets drunk and takes it out on us." Jimin looked at me with sympathy. This meant he bought it.

"It's never happening again I promise." He said holding my hand with a sad smile.

"Jimin...don't make promises you can't keep." We stared at each other for a while then looked away.

I knew he was making a promise he could never keep. And he knew I don't believe in promises anymore.

"Areum listen. You're my friend and I'd never do something to hurt you." He said with full sincerely in his voice.

"Jimin I didn't-"

"It's okay Areum. I'm always here if you want to talk or just let it all out." Is it just because he is my friend and cares for me? Or are they suspicious of something. I couldn't help but wonder.

After a while of sitting in silence Jimin finally dared to ask.

"Wanna go for stroll?"

"Sure." I agreed because the air in here was too depressing and I needed fresh air.

When we got out of the room we encountered Taehyung sitting in one of the chair, holding his head in his hands looking tired.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked when he finally looked up and his eyes landed on me. I looked away.

"Where are you going?" He asked ignoring Jimin's question.

"Ahh...We were just going out for a little walk." He explained.

Taehyung didn't say anything after that. All he did was stare as we left.

I felt a bit guilty for being mad at him for such a small reason but heck he deserves it. He broke a promise.

'But he helped me so much. He even let me stay at his place.' A little voice in my mind scolded.

"Areum! " Jimin screamed for the n'th time.

"Yeah?" I snapped out.

"Gosh why are you dreaming in the middle of the day?" He joked.

'Taehyung would be scared again if he was in Jimin's place.' I giggled. But why am I even thinking about him when I'm out with Jimin?

"Er.. Sorry. I was just worried about unnie." I lied. Again.

Why do I feel so guilty while lying all of a sudden?

"Hey look! An ice cream truck! Want one?" I nodded to his question. He ran towards the truck happily like a little kid.

He got two ice creams a mint flavour with choco chips for himself and a butterscotch for me. He happily licked his treat while I giggled at him.
"What?" He looked at me with big eyes.

"It's hard to tell you're a cop." I joked.

"I'm an undercover cop shh don't tell anyone!"

We bursted out laughing.

"How did you even get into this? I mean being a cop is hard I just realised." I asked curiously.

"Well... I always wanted to be a cop. Yes, it is a bit hard at times but I love my job!"he exclaimed while I nodded with a smile.