Chapter 3

The guards standing at the gates opened them for her after a brief greeting, which Kyra was thankful for. The only thought on her mind was to go home and go to sleep; she just wanted this day to end already. The slowly dimming sky only amplifying Kyra's exhaustion and desire to go home.

It didn't take her long to weave through the now empty, main streets as she approached the Hall's door, her mind mustering up the last bit of excitement it could at the sight of their familiar grey doors.

With a soft smile, Kyra opened the doors, the familiar, damp smell of stone greeting her nose as she walked inside. She scanned the small main hall, surprised to see Uth calmly sitting on one of the benches that decorated the walls, a small red book in his hand. He seemed to be reading it intently, only distracted by the sound of the door closing behind Kyra.

"Thank Itar, you're back safe," he smiled, gently closing the book and setting it down next to him before rising from his seat. He quickly made his way over to his apprentice, giving her a warm hug which she returned happily.

"Of course I'm back, did you expect anything else?" she replied.

Uth chuckled as he released her, grabbing her shoulders as he scanned her from head to toe, "Ralu and Madri are wrapping Vizen right now. They cleaned the room and finished wrapping Torth for you."

"Are you not going to ask me what happened?" Kyra asked as she looked up at him, mildly startled when she noticed a small on his face as he shook his head.

"I'm sure I'll hear all about it in the morning. For now, you need your rest, you look like you faced Lulir's realm of madness," he replied, gesturing for her to follow him, "Your goose and potatoes are waiting for you in the preparation room. Hopefully, they didn't eat your portions."

"They better not have," Kyra mumbled, "Then we'll have two more bodies to wrap."

Uth chuckled as he walked up to the preparation room's doors, opening them for Kyra, Ralu's loud, bold voice instantly greeting them.

"I wish I was the one out there looking for Lelra right now. She made such a huge ass mess and now I'm stuck here cleaning it up. I wish I could be there to stab her myself," the fiery woman ranted.

"Right, because almost getting murder twice is such a pleasant experience," Kyra chimed in, Ralu spinning around to look at the necromancer with her large, doe-like brown eyes. Her brown, curly hair ended around her shoulders, much like Kyra's, and despite her small, thin size, she spoke with the confidence of an undefeated champion.

"Oh my gods, you're back," Ralu shouted, instantly dropping the linen she held in her hands as she rushed over to embrace Kyra in a tight hug. Kyra let out a grunt, but she returned the hug, just as happy to be home as Ralu was.

"Of course I'm back," Kyra laughed, letting go as she walked up to Madri and gave him a hug as well, taking in his dark skin and muscular form. His hair was short, almost shaved off completely, and his plump lips were turned up in a smile.

"Where's my food?" she demanded.

Madri chuckled, Kyra, looked up into dark eyes, and gave him a bright smile. He shook his head and stepped away from her, walking over to one of the small tables where a plate of goose leg and potatoes sat.

Instantly, Kyra snatched the plate and began to scarf it down, the flavor of garlic, potatoes, and goose dancing on her tongue, "Delicious as it always is. Probably should have had the potatoes cook longer."

"So what happened?" Madri asked, ignoring Kyra's comment as he returned to wrapping the last leg of who Kyra assumed to be Vizen.

In between bites, Kyra told her story, starting from when Vizen was killed until Taka put her sword through Lelra's throat. By the time Kyra was done reciting her story, over half of her meal was gone.