Ch. 1

Midoryia's POV

I winced as I used a needle to stitch up the deep gash that caved into my thigh. Blood was oozing out of the crevice as I pulled the string tight, closing it the best I could. I tied a knot in the string to prevent it from opening back up and then plopped myself down onto the mattress stationed in the corner of my cell.

I hated it here. The last mafia I was with at least had the decency to stitch me back up themselves whenever they used me as a target in their training. Of course, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about staying there long. It seemed like any group would pay high price just to get a shot out at seeking their revenge on me.

When I was young, maybe around 8 years old, my parents used to run one of the biggest mafias in Japan. My father in particular loved the thrill of hunting down his victims, and then their families. He would execute anyone who crossed him and he wasn't very well known for taking prisoners. Or having mercy. He was known as the "Angel of Death".

However, everything changed the day my father was assassinated by a rival mafia. He had put up a good fight, but his passion alone wasn't enough to save him. I never got to see his body, or get any closure. He just left to finish an assignment one day, and then my mother and I received the news that he was ambushed.

Since my mother was his wife, she stepped up as the next leader of their mafia but that didn't last long. Once word got around that the "Angel of Death" was no more, rival mafias were quick to seek their revenge for all the damage my father had caused.

My mother was killed in front of me at the age of 12, and the rest of our members were executed publicly to send a message. They took me prisoner as a token of their achievement.

However, it seemed my father had wronged more people than I realized. They all wanted a piece of his "last connections to this Earth".

Me.

I stared at the dull grey tiles on the ceiling of my cell, counting the cracks to help me pass the time. There was nothing else to do. All that I was provided with was this dirty mattress, a toilet, and a few first aid equipment.

Suddenly, I heard the door to my cell unlock before sliding open with a hiss. I looked over to the doorway, seeing the leader of this Madia standing before me. Strange, he usually didn't come to see me unless it was urgent. Next to him, stood another male. He had blonde hair that spiked up in different directions and deep red eyes that seemed to pierce through me. He didn't seem to be much older than me.

The blonde turned to the leader and nodded. The leader smiled slyly and gestures towards me.

"He's all yours."

Bakugo's POV

The Green Emerald. Is that really what they call him? I've heard stories of what his father had done so why give the spawn of such a man such an appealing name. I wondered this in my head as I followed the leader of one of our allied mafias down one of the hallways of their base.

I had wanted to see this so called "Emerald" for myself. Surely, he couldn't be more than bruises and scars at this point from the amount of groups he's been through.

We approached a metal door at the end of the hall. The leader fished his keys out of his pocket and began to fiddle with the lock.

"Remember, we agreed on $80,000 on the boy." He reminded me as he unlocked the door.

"I'm aware, but I would like to see his condition first." I stated coldly. "I'm not going to purchase damaged goods."

The leader rolled his eyes as he opened the door, allowing light to flood into the dark room. In the corner of the small cell, sat a boy who looked to be about my age. He has fluffy green hair and bright green eyes that stayed focused on the floor in front of him. He had cuts going up his arms and legs, one of them looking fairly new. I expected for him to be wrecked but not this bad. He looked weak as he looked up at us, but his face showed no fear.

He must be used to this by now. He had bruises on his neck. No. Hickeys. They seemed to be scattered all across his body.

Geez, what the hell has this guy been through?

I looked up to the mafia leader and nodded my head, causing him to give me a sadistic grin.

He waved his arm out towards the boy.

"He's all yours."

I watched as the greenette wobbled to his feet. Standing up, he didn't look like he was more than skin and bones. Hell, I'm surprised he's still standing. He was in bad shape.

He walked over to me, his eyes seeming dead to the world as he gave me a blank stare. Was he waiting for an order?

"Come on, van's waiting outside." I said. The boy didn't hesitate as he began to follow me back down the hallway. He had a small limp to him as he seemed to favor his non-injured leg.

I mentally slapped myself as I forced my eyes to face ahead. That boy's father was the one who made my life shit. I shouldn't sympathize for someone like him. I picked up my pace, causing the greenette to fall behind slightly.

"Hurry the hell up or I'll just leave you in the hell hole." I threatened him, causing him to immediately quicken his pace. This caused blood to seep out of his fresh wound but he didn't seem to notice or care.

Once we were out of the base, I gave the money to the leader and said my goodbyes before turning towards the vehicle in front of us.

The boy had stopped a couple of feet in front of me, as if taking in the fresh air. I shoved him towards the van.

"I don't have all night. Get in."

He said something under his breath that I couldn't hear but I decided to let it slide this one time as I slide the doors open.

As I climbed in after him, I was able to see his body up close. Even though he was skinny, he still had muscle on his body. Not much, but it was definitely there. Not to mention, he looked in worse shape than I thought.

As he took his seat, his demeanor began to change. Shitty Hair was sitting in front of us and was the first to notice what was happening. He stuck his arms out as he caught the boy from falling forward as he seemed to pass out on the spot.

"Bakubro, what the hell happened to this guy?" Shitty Hair asked me as I closed the doors of the van. I shrugged.

"Hell if I know. He's the 'Emerald'. He's been passed around a bit so at this point anything could be wrong with him." I inspected his wounds. Had he been stitching himself up?

I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Let's just get him back to the base."