Chapter 1

Sophia's P.O.V

When I arrived this morning the first thing I heard was “Marcus lost your shipment boss.”

I gave him time because I know some shipments get delayed but my assistant said he lost it. So I came to the club he was said to be at.

Stepping into the club, I'm already pissed, if Marcus isn't here I'll have to kill someone.

My eyes scan the club for the familiar patch of neon green. He dyed it for a bet or something with his friends, I don't really care it's just making what I'm doing easier.

I spot the bright color by the bar. Seeing the sweaty, grinding bodies I have yet to pass through has me sporting a scowl. The pounding music and flashing lights cause a headache and I'm ready to go to bed.

With a glare set on my face, I manage to make it through without touching anyone.

I take a seat next to Marcus.

"One shot please," I order.

Marcus' 5'11 figure visibly stiffens when he hears my voice.

"Where's my shipment Marcus?"

I don't talk to people much and the fact that I have to talk to this scumbag is making me even madder. Marcus and I go way back. We have always hated each other and I do not doubt that he is sabotaging my mafia but his father had helped this mafia a lot and it was his dying wish that I let Marcus join, but he's been here long enough.

"It was delayed boss I'll have it to you by 6 am sharp," he says in a shaky voice while facing me but not making eye contact.

Marcus puts on a tough guy act but he is actually scared of me. He has been ever since I put him in the hospital when we were sparring.

I keep a poker face not letting him know I'm ready to put a bullet in his head.

"If you try to run with my shipment I'll torture you," I say in a monotone voice.

He nods hurriedly and scurries off.

Wimp.

I down my shot and release a tired sigh. I haven't gotten any sleep yet and he took up too much of my time.

I exit the club and drive to the nearby cafe to see my younger sister Zuri.

I enter the small cafe and see two guards by the doorway.  I nod at them in acknowledgment. I make my way to the kitchen to see her singing while washing some mugs. Her long red hair was tied up into a bun. Her back's turned to me so I decide to sneak up on her.

I put my hand over her mouth and gently press my gun to her temple, with the safety on of course.

She headbutts me, bites my hand and slaps my gun out of my hand, draws her gun, and spins around in one swift motion.

Taught her well.

She aims her pastel pink gun at my head while I have a playful glare on my face. She lowers it when she realizes it's me and tackles me in a hug.

"When did you get back?!" She says in an excited voice.

"I got in this morning," I say while awkwardly patting her back.

You would think that sisters as close as us hug usually, we don't, I don't really like touching people. Zuri loves hugs and affection though so I do it for her.

"Have you seen Antonio?" She inquires.

Antonio is our adoptive father. She knows I hate him and whenever we are in a space with each other for too long my attitude sparks and he makes remarks just to get me fired up. Can't blame him I do the same.

I roll my eyes at her question.

"No my driver picked me up," I answer.

She says okay and I help her finish cleaning the kitchen and we get into my car for the 10-minute drive back to the mansion. We blast music and shout along to it while laughing. She's the only person I let see my true side. We go upstairs and go our separate ways for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

I hear a knock on my door as I step out of the bathroom.

"Come in," I say with a scowl on my face.

A maid enters , "Mr. Russo will like you to dress formally to dinner, we have guests tonight, "  she says while looking at the ground.

"Leave," I say through gritted teeth.

Why are we having guests? Why do I even need to be there? Why was I not told about the guests until now?

Breathe, Sophia.

I take deep breaths to not get mad and just put on one of my black long-sleeved dresses with light makeup. I strap the gun Zuri bought me for my birthday to my thigh.

I exit my room and barge into Zuri's. She has just finished getting dressed in a casual outfit of a blue thigh-length dress.

"Strap this to your thigh," I tell her while handing her a teal-colored gun.

We make our way downstairs into the dining room and see that the guests and my cousins are already seated. My eyes scan the guests and I recognize them from the Inferno mafia.

In front of my assistant is Alessandro Inferno a well-aged man. He has slight stubble, black hair, a sharp jawline a slightly built body, and Light Brown eyes.

Next to him and in front of my sister is his wife Amelia Inferno, a gorgeous 40-year-old woman who has clear skin, brown eyes, and hair with a body that can make any man stare. Including Antonio who is greedily watching her.

Ew.

In front of me is their son Enzo Inferno the hottest man I've ever seen in real life. He has clear skin, a sharp jawline, and captivating hazel eyes. He has a slight build, just how I like it. He is known to be ruthless and if you ever cross him you're well as dead.

His eyes lock with mines and I almost stop breathing.

Damn.

I look away as I hear Antonio knocking on his glass. " Now that my daughters are here," I roll my eyes and softly scoff when he says, daughters.

"We are here to discuss the arranged marriage of Sophia Russo and Enzo Inferno."

•××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××ו

This chapter is kinda short, but I just wanted to introduce some characters.

This story might be fast or slow pace I don't know yet.

There will be 0 smut.

Byee lovies~Sam