Chapter 29

The Ball...

Sophia's P.O.V

I dropped the last curl of my hair and ran my fingers through the ends. I took off my robe and revealed a long emerald green dress.

I slipped on my heels and headed to Zuri and Luca's room. We were all getting ready for the ball.

I got Mia ready before myself and she went to Zuri's room.

I opened the door and saw Luca playing with Mia on the bed while Zuri was doing her makeup.

Luca was wearing a grey tux and Mia was wearing a little blue dress with frills at the bottom.

Her hair was curled, with a pretty crown on top, and she was wearing a dab of blush. Which she didn't need but she wanted me to put it on her.

Yesterday was her birthday and she officially turned 4. We had a little party at home with the joined mafia. She got a chance to meet everyone and I'm sure they all fell in love with her.

We ate cake, ice cream, made milkshakes, played party games and she received a lot of gifts.

Today is the ball and she is gonna meet all of our alliances. We decided to just invite all 5 mafias and stop worrying.

Alexia opened the door and informed us that the boys are ready and waiting downstairs.

I nod at her and she leaves. Alexia and I have come to an understanding, she revealed that she always had a crush on Enzo but she is going to respect me and the marriage.

We have been on good terms since. I take Mia's hand and behind walking down the stairs.

I release her hand and she runs to Enzo who is by the kitchen with Parker, Daniel, Jaiden, and Hunter.

She latches onto his leg and he spins around.

"Hey princess," he picks her up and kisses her forehead.

I walk over to him and his eyes catch mine. He smirks and looks me up and down.

I reach him and kiss his cheek.

"I see you're wearing my favorite color, you look gorgeous," he takes my hand and kisses it.

I roll my eyes but nevertheless, blush.

"Okay is everyone ready?" I ask just as Zuri and Luca make their way downstairs.

Everyone says 'yeah' and we leave.

Pulling up to the ball we see about 30 guards in front of the house.

I nod at them and grab Mia's hand.

Two of them push open the ballroom and all the heads turn to us.

We were fashionably late so we're the last ones to arrive. I make my way over to the stage and everyone's eyes were on Mia.

"Goodnight everyone, I would like to thank you all for coming together to celebrate and meet our little princess, this is Mia Inferno the newest member of the Inferno family, she turned four yesterday so wish her a happy belated and yeah, enjoy the party," I laugh a little in the end.

Leaving the stage a lot of people come up to us. Mia wasn't shy though, she shook everyone's hand with a polite smile and spoke confidently when asked about stuff she liked.

I've seen her confidence grow over the time we've had her.

The party started and everyone was mingling. Daniel came over and carried her to meet a few kids that were around her age.