Prologue

Josephine's POV
I thought I had everything I ever needed in life. I have a stable and well paying job that I enjoy, I have friends who are always there for me, a family who is always there, for the most part anyway, a roof over my head, and food on my table. What more could I need? The answer to that question is very short and very simple, I don't need anything more. But I want more, I want to love and to be loved, to be happy, to be genuinely happy and not have this fucked up, fake happiness that I have as a result of my stupid anti-depressants that I've been taking since I was diagnosed with depression at 12. Yes, you read that right. At only 12-years-old, I was diagnosed with depression.

I also want to not be over-anxious about every little thing in my life. To not have sweaty palms and a racing heartbeat whenever I accept an award, being the centre of attention, I hate it, mostly because of my social anxiety, but it's so daunting to have EVERYONE'S eyes on you. To have a calm heartbeat that only races when I'm with one person. My anxiety medication doesn't help at all which, for me, an actress in Hollywood, isn't a good look. Constantly being under a magnifying glass my everyone, your every move, judged. Being told who you can and can't associate with, with a fear of being labeled 'problematic.' I've always considered myself to be unproblematic, especially since I don't hangout with many people, very often, as a result of my social anxiety. Anxiety is something I've been living with since I was 6 and I've been taking medication for it, that doesn't work, since I was 13-years-old.

Not that anyone knows either of those things, of course. I'd never let myself get too close to someone in fear that when they leave, because everyone eventually does, they'll tell my secret to everyone and next thing I know I'm labeled as Hollywood's next "mentally sick girl" or whatever. I promised myself that after what happened last time. I can't go through that pain, and the aftermath, ever again. I won't allow myself to. It was too painful.

I guess life is that, though, pain. An endless cycle of it; heartbreak after heartbreak, tear after tear, frown after frown. Fake smiles and laughter that never quite reach my eyes, is something that I've become all too familiar with. Smiling when you know you should so everyone thinks you're happy and okay when on the inside all you want to do is crawl into a ball in the corner and cry. Maybe even die that that little ball. Yeah, that seems nice. Just a peaceful state. Darkness. Silence. There's always something so peaceful about the two of those things together. But I don't think I'm quite ready to experience death, just yet.

Because yeah, life is tough as fucking nails but hey, I've lasted this long which must mean I'm tougher.

Dylan's POV
Loneliness. Something that never seems to leave me, recently. The silence of my LA house has become almost eerie ever since I broke up with Brooke, my ex-girlfriend of 7 years. 7 years and she breaks my heart when I was ready to lay it down for her, forever. I proposed to her, and she turned me down.

To say that hurt would be an understatement. Especially because a week after we broke up, she was with some other male celebrity. I didn't care enough to look. I really didn't. It hurt too much. It made me, and still, two-years-later, makes me feel like I was just some inconvenience in my life and that what we had, what we shared, meant nothing to her.

I mean, I guess my dog, Stella, does help when it comes to be being lonely but you can really cuddle up to a dog, smell their fur, and fall asleep to the sound of their breathing. Or you could, but you'd be a weird ass, creepy fuck. You also can't make love to your dog so as much as I love Stella, I rather have a human girlfriend who I have make love to, and start a family with. Preferably here in Los Angeles, but if she wants to move somewhere else and settle down then I'm perfectly happy, as long as I'm with her. Whoever the hell her is.

I begin to wonder what she may look like. How long her hair is, what color her hair is, what color her eyes are, how tall is she? What's her personality like? What would her nose look like?

I then begin to wonder what our future kids may look like, only I have well, only once face, as opposed to two faces to make the guess. Would they have her eyes, or mine? Her nose or mine? Would they have her personality, mine, or a mix of ours? Or would we all have the same personalities? Would they be tall, short, or average in height? Would they have my black hair or their mother's hair color, whatever that color may be, I know our kids are going to be absolutely beautiful.

Life is tough, but I know my love for my future wife and kids will be tougher.
                                          * * *
Author's Note:
Hey guys!

New book alert lol, so yeah this is a fanfic with Josephine and Dylan.

I decided to make this because I've seen literally zero fanfics with these two together so I decided to make one because I lowkey do ship them irl. Imagine the power they'd have, ugh they own me lmao.

Also can we PLEASE talk about how hot, sad, and beautiful the AWC trailer was? I'm so excited for After We Collided ugh I just know I'm going to love it. Do you guys have a release date for you country yet? If so, when is it? I live in the U.S and it was announced today that our release date is October 2nd, on VOD and in theaters. My birthday is October 3rd too so probably the best early bday gift ever!🤍

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy in the meantime here are my other socials: 
Twitter: @/josephineslove
Instagram: @/josephines.love

See you guys for Chapter 1!