Chapter 1: "Here's our Robert..."

Josephine's POV

I wake up to a blaring noice right in my ear signifying I've gotten a text message. I groan, sitting up in my bed and reaching for my phone. I open it up and read Anna's texts, telling me that she's announcing the new cast members today.

You see, I'm an actress, an insanely talented one with outstanding potential if I have a really good script, as I've been told. And we're about to start filming the third film, After We Fell, in my insanely popular film franchise, After, where I play Tessa Young, the lead female protagonist.

My co-star, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, plays Hardin Scott, the lead male protagonist. Rumors fly around all over that we're dating or whatever when it couldn't be farther from the truth, at least now. We tried to date last year, during After We Collided, the second film in the franchise's, promo tour and all we did was fight.

We decided we're better off as friends, much better off as friends.

I sit up in my queen sized bed, the black satin sheets that I sleep on, falling into my lap with my blue comforter falling completely, revealing my white sports bra that I went to sleep in the night before. I'm really excited to find out who's going to be playing the new characters, Robert, Lillian, Riley, and there are a few other characters as well.

We decided to do a smart(?) alternative and then After We Fell into a two-part movie with the book essentially spilt in two. The first-part comes out next spring and the second-part comes out next autumn, so a little over a year from now, but we're filming both parts this summer so yay me! Four months of filming, in a row... with only the weekends and occasionally a few weekdays off.

I get out of bed, realizing how cold it actually is in my LA apartment on a summer morning, and strip naked before taking a hot shower. I squirt my vanilla and coconut shampoo into my hands and lather it in my hair, dyed honey blonde for filming. Rinsing out the shampoo being cautious not to get any in my eyes as I move on to finger comb through my hair with my vanilla and coconut conditioner.

Stepping out of the shower is like stepping out of the ocean on a windy summer day, you don't want to do it because you know it'll make you cold as fucking hell, except hell isn't cold, I'm assuming.

My phone goes off again after I've done my skincare routine and brushed my teeth, again it's from Anna, the author of After, a close friend of mine, as well as the writer and a producer for the films.

"Here's our Robert," she texted to the group chat along with a photo of, Dylan O'Brien. I look at the photo again... Dylan O'Brien is going to be playing Robert in After We Fell. I'm going to be working with THE Dylan O'Brien. Everyone seems to be having similar reactions to mine, Shane even wrote, "You got THE Dylan O'Brien to be in our movie? How?"

I laugh at his reaction because I was wondering the same thing. We had Candice King, Charlie Weber, and Dylan Sprouse in After We Collided and now Dylan O'Brien in After We Fell... life truly is full of great surprises.

"Roger," is all Anna texted back and I smiled. Roger Kumble, the director of After We Collided agreed to come back and be the director of After We Fell and the fans, along with myself, were so happy.

"Wow, this, this is amazing." I text to the groupchat. Everyone seems to agree with me as they all like my text, whatever that means.

But as I start to think about all the good that will come out of this-with Dylan being in the movie-I start to panic about everything that can do wrong. He has all of his scenes with me... what if I fuck up big time in front of him? He's a big A-Lister in Hollywood and if I fuck up in front of him and he tells people that I'm a bad actress, because compared to him I look like absolute shit, and I never land another role again? Okay, Josephine, stop.