Aftermath🌻

THE NEXT MORNING

It was so hard for me to grasp what had happened last night between Kevin and I. It's like i felt ashamed but deep down i had no regrets whatsoever. Something about this just felt so...i don't know...right ?

Kevin dropped me home and we both went about our business. We didn't bring up anything from the previous night at all. everything was still completely normal between us both. After we both departed, i walked in the house to freshen up. As i stood in front of my full body mirror in my bedroom, i gently rubbed my skin as flashbacks of last night flooded my brain. A smile took over my face.

Walking away from the mirror, i trip over a piece of clothing that laid on the floor near Jalen's side of the bed. "Jesus! Why can't he ever clean up after himself !" i mumble after nearly hitting the floor. I bend down to pick up whatever it was and then i noticed that the item i had picked up was neither Jalen's nor was it mine. "What the fuck ?"

No...maybe it's somebody else's that may have gotten mixed up with our clothes in the laundry when Jalen took it to the mat while we got our new machines installed. I drove down to the mat to return the clothing item. On my in, i heard Kelly's voice. I stopped walking just so she wouldn't notice me. I was in no mood for her and her bullshit.

"So back to what i was saying about Kevin.." she says. I immediately put my phone on vibrate so that it wouldn't go off and draw attention to me. I stood there and listened. Yeah i know. What i coincidence that I sleep with her man the night before and now i'm ease dropping on her conversation because i heard his name. Pathetic right ?

"You know i'm just sticking with him right now so he can buy me things for the baby. I don't really care about him even though he's like.. a good person.... or whatever. The point is..he'll make sure the baby and I get nice things !" She uttered to whomever she spoke with on the phone. Was this bitch for real ?! Her words irritated the hell out of me.

"Can you let you in a little secret Marie ?" She asked. She then scoffed off the most disturbing news I've heard in a long time. "The baby isn't even Kevin's !" she says laughing lawlessly.

WHAT>>>>THE>>>FUCK !?!?

I ran out of the room quickly and jumped in my car. I forgot all about what i actually went there for. I couldn't believe her sorry ass. That BITCH ! I need to tell Kevin and i need to tell him fast. I need to tell him what i over heard, but only lord knows when the next time i'll run into him will be. would he even believe me if i did tell him ? Oh what am i saying ?? of course he will ! he doesn't even believe it's his kid !

I decided to do what i do best, vent to my journal until i could come to a decision.

"Dear journal,

It's been a while since i last wrote in here, but i'm still here. lately I've felt like there's been so much dishonesty around me. I've been on an extremely emotional roller coaster due to dealing with all the things i can't control in any of my relationships. Through it all, i still feel like i'm learning how to be honest with myself. I'm trying so hard to let go of control and to just see what happens. Hopefully i learn sooner rather then later. Goodbye. "

Shortly after writing, I got an email from my new Boss at my new job telling me to come in. I don't know why in the world i needed to come in because i was definitely told today was my day off. But of course... i got dressed and headed out anyways.

YOUR JOB

"Hey Y/N !" Cassie shouted, greeting me as i walked in. That caught me by surprise because she was usually upset every time i saw her, although we were friends. "Wowww..you're in a good mood for the first time in forever !" i say to her. She laughs and replies with, "Oh you know, lately I've been working on just letting go of things and working on myself. " What a slap in the face.