f u l l y b o o k e d 3

[IRENE'S POV]

I am not so sure with Taehyung's idea but i figure it was better than eating alone inside our cabin. I dress up nicely, put on a little bit of make up before i head down to meet him. He insisted on steak and wine or anything exquisite since it's our first meal together, but i'm having butterflies since the video call incident this afternoon that my stomach refuse to digest anything grand. I convince him to order pizza.

I look around to search for my roommate and smile when I see him wave at me. He dressed up nicely too, which is an understatement because he looks super good no matter what he wears. I bite my tongue and force a bigger smile. Dang, he looks so fresh in that white shirt. I can't believe i'm finally admitting this to myself. You really got lucky for having him as a roommate, Irene... the least you can do is appreciate the guy and give him the points he rightfully deserves. But does he know it? Does he have any idea how good looking he is?  I did not just admit that to myself.  I need to stop making this wild thoughts before i embarrass myself in front of him. I exhale deeply as I approach him. We decide to surprise each other for fun, so he went to change first while I hang out at the deck and came back an hour later. 

"Wow, you look beautiful for a girl who snores." He comments and I scoff, playfully hitting him on his arm.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I joke and he scrunches his nose. 

"Oh come on, you can't even take your eyes off of me." He winks and we laugh as he pulls out a chair for me. 

While we're waiting for our orders, i decide to ask him about what happened earlier. I guess this is the good time to talk about it so in case the mood gets bad, the food can make up for it. I do hope the food is worth it. 

"So... what are you doing here in Europe? Want to... tell me anything?" I dressed prettily tonight for a reason. And no, i don't mean to flirt. I just think he might be extra nice to me if i show up beautifully.

"Those guys earlier... they're my friends who I also consider my brothers. I travel a lot because of my job, and get paid for it. I saved so much so me and my fiance can go to Canada and maybe start a life there." He starts, his fingers playing with the key card.

"You're engaged? Where's your fiance?" I question. If I had known my roommate was engaged, then I would have backed out of this trip and asked for a refund. That fully booked incident had already been a sign.

"A little excited aren't we?" He laughs a bit, shaking his head. We fall quiet when our drinks got served. 

"Sorry." I bite my lip.

"I was also wondering why Canada all of a sudden? I mean, career wise, Europe is promising. Turns out, there was a story behind." A bitter smile forms on his lips as he looks at me, "The money I saved for 3 years for our documents, travel expense, food and allowance.. they were all gone without a trace... including her." I now regret asking that stupid question. You and your nosiness Irene. I want to mentally slap myself.

"Do...you know where she is now?" I ask but all i get is a sad smile as he looks at the glass window. It is dark already and the only thing we can see is the moon and stars illuminating the night sky, reflected on the calm waves of the sea.

"This trip was supposed to be for our honeymoon. I was thinking of cancelling it but I didn't for some reason. I told my friends I'm gonna jump off the cruise once I'm in the middle of the ocean but of course I was just joking. I was depressed that time. It was supposed to be a honeymoon suite but I downgraded and that room was the only one available." I nervously pour myself some water and gulp it down right away. My roommate has suicidal thoughts, even though it was a joke, he clearly verbalized he was depressed. That is a white flag.