Chapter 9

Lexa's POV

"Baby girl, have I told you how fucking sexy you look tonight" Austin said to me loudly as he looked at the cards in his hand. He tapped the table looking at the dealer.

I have never played blackjack before in my life, but Austin was a pro. He was winning like crazy, which according to him never happens this many times in a row.

"You have baby, only about a million times" I laughed rubbing his back.

"Well then I'm going to tell you a million and one. You are the fucking sexiest girl in here tonight and you know what the best part about that is?" he asked.

"Tell me baby" I said with a playful smile on my face.

"I'm the one that gets to call you mine" he said leaning over to me and kissing me.

"Excuse me sir, but if your lady isn't playing, she is going to have to get up from her chair" the dealer said looking at Austin.

He threw some chips from his pile down in front of me, looking at the dealer with a playful smirk.

"Can she stay now?" he asked with a sly smile.

"I suppose she can" the dealer said looking at the chips in front of me.

"Austin, I have no idea how to play!" I said laughing as the dealer was throwing out cards.

"That's okay, I'll help it'll be like my second hand" he said grabbing a cigarette and lighting it without thinking.

"But you aren't allowed to do that are you?" I asked trying not to inhale the smoke he just let out, my hand coming up to cover my nose.

Those pills really help, I wasn't nauseas at all last night.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry baby girl. I completely forgot" He said immediately ashing out a whole cigarette.

I pulled my hand down from my nose and smiled.

"It's okay baby, you could've finished I would've been alright" I said.

"God I love you, you'd suffer being sick so I could have a cigarette. Now that's true love" he said leaning over and pecking my lips.

"Now answer my question, isn't it illegal to help me play" I said laughing.

"Technically yes, but we'll make it work" he laughed looking at his hand and then mine.

"Austin what do I do?" I asked laughing.

"You want another card baby, your basically just trying to get as close to 21 as possible without going over. You want to beat the dealer" he said tapping my leg.

"Does that mean I want another card" I said laughing.

"Yes baby" he laughed.

I looked at my hand that the dealer gave me. I held a 7, 10 and a 3. I looked over at Austin.

"I shouldn't take another one should I" I said laughing.

He shook his head with a laugh as he too didn't take another hand. The dealer dealt himself one and busted, all of us winning the round.

"Look at that baby your a natural" he laughed grabbing my hand.

"I don't want to play too much, I don't want to loose your money" I laughed.

"No need to worry about that Lexa, I can handle that just fine on my own" he laughed.

We played several more hands of poker before I eventually gave up after loosing too many times. I got up from my chair and stood behind Austin who insisted I was his good luck charm. I did my best to cheer him on as he played and drank countless Bud Lights. After a while he started loosing his touch.