Fateful encounter

Agent 3's POV

I need to find the captain and that octoling, thanks to this employee moodle CQ-80 I found, I can track  their location and progress, not that knowing their location helps in this cod forsaken hell hole of a maze. Just a few moments ago, I got a notification that the octoling had collected the last thang, meaning I didn't have much time. If I couldn't beat them to the main station, they'd be done for. I don't really care about the octoling, I mean the bitch did try to kill me before all of this happened, but I refuse to let Cap'n die! I checked my CQ-80, according to my map I'm at the correct location, but they're nowhere to be found. That's when I heard it, a faint metallic screeching echoing around me, but I couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. As I started to fear the worst, my CQ-80 received a distress signal coming from below me. I looked over the edge of the catwalk I was on and saw glass, but I couldn't see through it. 

I groaned in annoyance and frustration, I knew what I had to do, so I did it, I jumped. I braced myself and crashed through the glass, immediately seeing Cap'n and the octoling in what appeared to be a giant blender? I then noticed that I was flying right at it, this could work out. I continued on, not bothering to change my position as I smashed into the device, big mistake. I hit the blender at an angle that threw me off balance, causing me to land wrong. I landed on the side of my foot, making me roll over my side instead of my shoulder, and resulting in me smacking my head on the ground, hard. I flipped a few times and landed close by. There was a ringing in my ears and the world around me was slightly hazy, I knew I had a concussion. 

"Agent 3!" I heard someone call. I tried to look over to where the voice had come from, but I couldn't. "Zack!" Cap'n called standing over me.

"Y-you OK?" I asked weakly. 

"Forget us, we're fine. You need some help!" Cap'n told me. I'm glad he's safe, wait that reminds me.

"Oc-to!" I said panicked. 

"I'm ok." she said coming into view. I gripped my hero shot, I knew I was in no condition to fight, but if she attacked, I at least had to try. "thank you for saving us." she told me quietly. I relaxed the grip on my weapon, she seemed different. when she attacked us, she was confident and loud, making clever quips as we battled. But now, she's quiet and shy, only speaking when necessary. I wonder what changed. I forced a smile and faded into unconsciousness, I can rest easy knowing that Cap'n was ok. 

8's  POV

It all happened so fast, that phone said we were going to the promised land but then he tried to kill us. I thought the old man and I were done for until a boy came flying through the ceiling and into the blender, saving us. 

we walked over to where the boy had landed, there was ink coming from where his head had hit the ground. It didn't look fatal, but it couldn't've felt good either. 

"Agent 3!" the old man called out, hurrying to the boy's side. "Zack!" So this is agent 3? a boy named Zack? He looked about my age and from what the old man told me, I'm only 16. 

"Y-you ok?" Agent 3 asked. Wow, he's lying here injured and he's worried about the old man. 

"Forget us, we're fine. You need some help!"  The old man seemed really worried about this boy.

"Oc-to." Agent 3 forced out. He's worried about me? Why? The old man said that I attacked them before all of this, but he's worried about me. The thought of it made my heart beat a little faster. 

"I'm ok." I said walking closer. "Thank you for saving us." I said shyly. looking at his face I felt...something, but I'm not sure what. Zack smiled and closed his eyes, causing my heart to beat faster again. Maybe I'm sick or something.