Prologue (Version two)

This had been, inevitably the dullest summer Skylar'd ever had.

She'd been looking forward to a break after completing her second semester, however it'd turned out quite the opposite.

Visiting her Aunt's house may have been exciting for Skylar when she was ten, but the mystical house and all her fantasies had long since died as she learnt that the large house did not mean unlimited resources; only possibly for the adults. And she meant to say the middle-aged or elder adults who enjoyed things like chess, porcelain dolls or China plates.

And it certainly wasn't a place for fairy-tales. If anything it had a-a sort of negative aura, one Skylar couldn't quite seem to place. All she knew (or thought) was that there was more to the house than met the eye.

However, after being assigned a project from her university regarding her family's legacy, she was satisfied this summer would be different.

"Skylar!" Her mother called, "We're leaving in ten minutes, are you ready?"

"Yes, mother, coming!"

Skylar took her suitcase from the hallway and rolled it gently down the stairs, making light bumping noises. Yawning, she noticed it was barely sunrise; and the plane ride was hardly going to be comfortable.