Chapter 2- You're gay?

Two weeks have passed since I first moved into my dorm. I've been hanging out with Charlie, Kevin, Stiles and his friends everyday ever since we first met. We all get on really well now and I officially feel like part of the group. Stiles and I have gotten pretty close too. Aside from his constant rambling, he's pretty cool and very smart.

Lunch Time

I walked over to our usual table talking and laughing with Lydia, Isaac and Allison. We discovered we all had the same art class. I look around at our usual table to see that Charlie, Lauren, Kevin and Jackson were there.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" I ask as we sit down.

"They got held behind after their lecture, they wouldn't stop talking" Lauren said breaking out into a laugh.

"Sounds like them" Allison laughs before taking a bite of her sandwich.

We continue talking, laughing and eating. Half way through my sandwich I hear:

"You're so cute! I'd totally date you" As Lauren takes a sip of her drink.

"You're cute too!" Charlie says, blush evident on her cheeks.

I was smiling at Charlie's obvious blush until i hear my phone buzz.

Charlie< Lauren just said i was cute? What does that mean? Is she flirting or joking around? Is she into me?

I can't help but laugh at Charlie's confused ranting. For someone who's usually pretty smooth flirting with girls, she certainly isn't that good at receiving it.

Dean< You know jellyfish have lived without brains for thousands of years, there's still hope for you!

I type laughing to myself. Charlie looks up at me, a fake offended look on her face.

Charlie< How rude!
Charlie< I just mean is she serious or like joking? I don't know if she's gay or straight

Dean< Maybe just ask her

Charlie< Ask her? Yeah sure i'll just face her now and say "Hey Lauren, are you gay because I've been crushing on you since we first met and I don't know if this is friendly banter or if you actually like me"

Dean< Sounds good, off you go

Charlie< No way Dean, i'm not making a fool of myself

I was about to write a reply when I hear two chairs scrapping. Looking up I see Scott and Stiles sitting down.

"Hey guys" Stiles says with his trade mark smile

"So, you and Scott just couldn't resist having a conversation during your lecture huh?" Jackson asks starting to laugh.

"It wasn't anything important!" Stiles says in defence.

"How would you know, you didn't pay attention" Charlie says smiling, causing loud laughter to erupt from the table and a small eye roll but still a laugh from Stiles.

"Now that everyone's here, I can finally tell you our plans for tonight" Lydia announces looking at everyone.

"We had plans?" Isaac asks, putting some chips in his mouth.