Scars

********Warning, heavily implied physical abuse. Implied sex, but not described******

I never knew.. I had only seen him shirtless a couple of times, but i had never noticed the scars across his torso.  Things had turned serious now that I had him pinned underneath me. I had taken off his shirt, and the scars stuck out against his toned skin. Before they had been white, just like the rest of his skin, but now that he had a little bit of a tan, they were easy to see. I stared at him..suddenly not sure of what to say. He placed a hand on my cheek. "If..you don't want to continue.." I shook my head. "I..I want to it's just.. Harry..did, did your father do this to you?" I looked from the scars, then back at his face. His eyes suddenly a deer in headlights and his entire body coiled like a spring at my words and I knew I was right. He sat up suddenly, knocking me from his hips as he perched himself on the edge of the bed, he was shaking, and panting heavily. His entire body on edge. His back was littered with them too. "Harry.." I breathed.  I moved slowly..wrapping my arms around him from behind. The fact that he had scars, wouldn't have been frightening to me if I just thought they were from the apocalypse or something else. But..these looked inflicted. Purposely from some kind of torture and I couldn't imagine what my boyfriend had gone through. "This doesn't...this doesn't change anything for me.." I tried. I ran my hand over one across his shoulder, and he shuddered slightly under my touch. I needed him to know that I accepted him, I accepted every piece and shattered part. Very gently I pulled him back down to the bed. His arm falling over his eyes, in an attempt to hide. I found another one, this one looked worse, circular in shape, possibly a burn. I ran my hands over it lovingly, before I decided to press my lips to it gently. His body was still tense under me, but he let out a small gasp, and I retreated. "Sorry. I'm sorry!" He shook his head, "It's okay... will you..will you lay with me?" I nodded. Lying down next to him, my head on his shoulder and ran my hand gently over his torso, tracing every single scar, memorizing their shape. "I won't pry, but I hope someday soon, it won't be as painful to tell me the story.." The romantic music that had been playing around us changed. Snow patrol, chasing cars.

I don't quite know..how to say how i feel..

Those three words...are said too much..they're not enough.

Forget what we're told...before we get too old...show me a garden...that's bursting into life..

Let's waste time...chasing cars...around our heads.

I need your grace... to remind me to find my own...

So..if i lay here...if i just lay here..would you lie with me..and just forget the world?

All that i am...

All that i ever was...

Is here in your perfect eyes...they're all i can see

I don't know where...Confused about how as well..

Just know that these things will never change for us at all...

If I lay here...If i just lay here... would you lie with me...and just forget the world?

I sang bits and pieces of the song, hoping to relax him as I traced my hand over every single scar. I didn't know he was staring at me until I looked up at his face. His eyes held nothing but love. "Are you..okay?" I questioned. I felt like I had discovered something private and personal. Like a journal depicting torture. He simply smiled softly at me. "Yeah, I'm okay." There was a soft and playful sparkle in his eyes, and then he rolled over, straddling my hips, but allowing his knees to actually bear his weight. He intertwined our fingers, before pressing my hands to the bed. He leaned down, giving me a slow kiss as the music changed. He pressed our foreheads together for a moment, his lips inches from mine. "It is too painful to think about, much less talk about. I will tell you the story eventually..but until then..please be patient with me.." He moved my hands to hold his hips. "And love me like you always do.."

Soft whispers filled the dimly lit room, whispers of love, and promises. Candles burned, their sweet smell filling the air, While around them, the music played. Lulling them to further explore a deep connection, that only they shared.