Reflection

******WARNING Panic attack mention****This is also the first one I've ever done that uses y/n****Dedicated to my friend who helped me out with the idea and really wanted to see Eugene helping someone through a panic attack. Thank you <3

Harry avoided his reflection. He always ducked his head, or avoided any window he could see his reflection in. No one had called him out on it so far, and he just assumed that they had never noticed. One day, they stumbled upon some kind of fancy jewelry store and Zion, being Zion and loving to joke, rounded the corner, holding up a mirror straight into Harry's face. He had backpedaled immediately with a surprised gasp to Zion's laughter. Zion looked at the mirror, and then himself. "Dude, it's a mirror." Harry turned away from it with a strangled kind of laugh. "Haha. You got me Zion.." The red-head missed his nervousness and instead set it down. "There's nothing here worthwhile, you want to head back?" Harry nodded, and walked away, his brain racing with what he had just seen. After getting back to the school, Harry had excused himself to his room. A migraine coming on that was making him feel a bit shaky. He laid in his poor excuse for a bed, with swirling thoughts. His mother's eyes..his father's face. He felt a small wave of anger and sat straight up, digging his nails into his palm as he attempted to steady his breathing. Hoping and praying y/n didn't decide to check on him like she normally would. He didn't want her to see him like this. It took him several minutes before he felt calm enough to lay back down, keeping his thoughts away from his mother and father was difficult. He decided instead he would turn them to his growing headache, knowing that although it usually made it worse, he would rather not have any thoughts about his father...or his reflection.

Harry wasn't sure when he fell asleep, but a knock on his door woke him up. It was Lawrence, calling him to prep for dinner. His head was still throbbing. Heaving out a small sigh, he stood up. Stretching out his stiffness from sleeping on the floor, before going and tending to his task. Once dinner was prepped, and served out, small conversations began happening here or there. Harry wasn't in a very talkative mood so he kept to himself, but y/n's sweet concern wanted to change that. "Are you okay?" She whispered. Harry nodded, giving her a small smile. "Yeah, I'm okay.. Just still a bit tired." He lied. They talked as they ate about trivial things, somehow the topic changed towards carnivals and y/n expressed her love for house of mirror mazes. "I was always good at finding my way through them, and they might be for kids, but I still found them so much fun. Not to mention whenever you go up top they have all these bent mirrors that distort your reflection and they can be really fun and silly to play around with." Harry nodded along. He had never really been to many carnivals that he could remember even as a child, but hearing y/n express her love for them made him want to visit one, one day. As long as he could stay away from the house of mirrors.

The next few days went by like usual, some of them went on patrol, while some stayed at the school. And those that stayed at the school were usually the ones who ended up on night patrol. One day, while Harry, y/n, Eugene and Zion had gone out on patrol, they stumbled upon an abandoned carnival. Eugene thought it might be cool to explore, and they had found a whole stash of food anyway, so wasting just a little bit of time, wasn't that big of a deal. Y/n had agreed, even if Zion was reluctant, but he couldn't think of a good reason not to. Eugene and Zion had found some silly water gun game and decided to play just for kicks while y/n took Harry to go explore. Upon finding her favorite activity, she took Harry's hand and ventured into the house of mirrors. Harry, upon seeing her enthusiasm, didn't have the heart to tell her no. They ventured into the maze and it wasn't long before Harry grew uncomfortable. The word KILL was printed on a couple of the mirrors, and this word accompanied by his own reflection was enough to make him feel like hyperventilating. y/n saw his discomfort and advised him to close his eyes if he was scared. He only did, because he didn't want to see his father's face staring back at him, accompanied by such a word. Y/n led him through, by the hand as he shut his eyes and soon enough she told him he could open them again. A set of stairs lay before them and she ventured up them without a second thought. It took Harry a few seconds longer to follow, and when he did, he found y/n making funny faces in front of a curvy looking mirror. He laughed at her and she tried to convince him it was his turn. He politely refused, telling her it was okay, and moved to look out of the balcony towards the rest of the abandoned carnival. His mind wandered, imagining what this place looked like, filled with laughing children and teens when his eyes caught sight of Zion and Eugene, running and both looking panicked. A horde of about ten or so zombies, hot on their trail. He grabbed y/n's hand. "They're in trouble, we have to help them!" She nodded and led him to the green slide on the edge of the balcony and went down it, Harry right behind her. Harry shouted to get their attention and Zion and Eugene ran towards them. Harry realized the horde was bigger than he thought and turned on his heel, grabbing y/n's hand yet again. "run..RUN!" They ran for their lives, finding an abandoned building, Harry ran to it, opening the door, and pushing y/n into it. He held the door open for Zion and Eugene before slamming it shut, and shoving a big shelf in front of it. He backed away as the zombies piled and made a banging noise against the door. Zion and Eugene both bent to catch their breath. "Are you guys okay?" y/n asked. "Yeah we're fine." Zion replied. Eugene clicked on a flashlight against the dark building. "What kind of place is this?" There were fake spiderwebs and such hanging around, and a plastic severed head hung from the ceiling. "Looks like a haunted house.." Zion replied with a grin. "As if zombies weren't enough.." y/n  muttered. Harry gave her a small laugh and placed his hand on her arm. "We'll probably be okay. I don't think they can get to us in here. He let Eugene and Zion lead the way as he kept his hand on y/n s arm. They came to a very dark room, Eugene shined the flashlight around and they realized it was filled with mirrors. "Dude, this is creepy. Can you imagine seeing a shadow in the mirror behind you? Harry froze. That face.. He backed away, straight into another mirror, turning and flinching away. "N-no. get away..you bastard." It happened again. He threw a punch, actually breaking the mirror and shards, and blood flew everywhere. y/n was frightened. "H-harry?" Zion was confused. "H..? HARRY!" The silver haired boy went backwards, landing on his backside with his hands on either side of his head. Chest heaving and gasping for air. Blood dripped from his hand. Eugene moved forward. "H-harry. Hey, calm down. You're gonna be okay." He put his hands on Harry's arms. "Harry, breath. It's okay.. Breath." Zion was stunned. "What..what the hell even scared him?" Eugene snapped unintentionally. "Does it fucking matter?" He turned his attention to the panicking boy in front of him. He wasn't calming down.. Simple words weren't going to work. "Promise not to laugh.." Zion was indignant. "Why would we--" y/n cut him off. "We won't laugh, Eugene." He nodded, before looking back at Harry who was still stuck in his panic attack.

You say you're not gonna fight, 'Cause no one will fight for you

And you think there's not enough love, And no one to give it to

And you're sure you've hurt for so long ,You've got nothing left to lose

So you say you're not gonna fight 'Cause no one will fight for you

You say the weight of the world, Has kept you from letting go

And you think compassion's a flaw, And you'll never let it show

And you're sure you've hurt in a way, That no one will ever know

But someday the weight of the world, Will give you the strength to go

Harry gradually calmed, as Eugene sang softly to him. And Zion was too busy being hypnotized to even attempt a teasing laugh. y/n was mesmerized as well, she knew that song. Robot Boy by Linkin Park. She smiled, her favorite band. The silver haired boy looked up at Eugene to see a small smile on his face. "You alright?" He asked. Harry nodded, wincing slightly. His head was pounding. Zion came out of his trance. "Never seen you break down like that..Especially not over..I'm not sure.." Harry bit his lip. "You can tell us whatever it is Harry, we won't make fun of you." y/n offered. He spoke quietly, still afraid of teasing. "I..I look like my dad... and he...he wasn't a..very nice person... and so..my reflection.." He sounded on the verge of tears. His voice got softer. "I hate my reflection.." No one knew what to say, so they were silent. "So..the other day..when I held that mirror up in your face.." Harry nodded. "Don't feel bad..You didn't know.." y/n moved forward to help him up. He was shaky, but managed to catch his balance. "I've never met your father, but.. I don't think you look like someone we should be scared of..so you shouldn't either." It was a small reassurance. But it was one Harry appreciated. She put some bandaging on his hand, they could take care of it later.  "It's getting late, we should get back." Zion said. Harry nodded. "If you're still nervous..just close your eyes and I'll lead you through." y/n offered. He nodded, shutting his eyes, and grasping her hand tightly. Eugene and Zion went first, keeping a lookout, while Harry kept hold of y/n's hand. Maybe one day he would be comfortable looking at his own reflection, but until that day came..his friends would find a way to support him.    

*****I admit, I am not much of a fan of this one. I loved writing it, but i feel like it could be better. Thank you so much for reading.*****