Chapter Five

"What has happened? For when I fell off, my vision had blackened!" Jeremy said to himself as he was laying on some sort of dark purple sofa. The smell of flowers and catnip raised to his nose as he took in his surroundings. It looked almost as if he were in an underground house. The windows were small, and viewed the rain outside. The living room he was in was small, yet cozy. It was a lit with purple lanterns, and adorned with light pink wallpaper. The floor had a carpet that was grayish black, making the pink seem brighter. Pulling off the blanket, he wanted to get a better look of where he was, only to jump back in pain as he realized his leg was In a cast. "You'll want to rest that." A well-rounded yet sharp female voice said. Jeremy turned his head, and instantly met the gaze of a young woman. She looked to be about eighteen or seventeen. Her velvety gray hair was short and wavy, (kinda like a ball of luxurious floof), along with her pink scarf that was tied securely around her neck. "What were you even doing? Laying at the bottom of that cliff like that, especially with the meanies about at this hour." She said with sass. Jeremy apologized, "Forgive me, compassionate... cat? But please, can you tell me where I am at?" He just realized the cat ears that stuck out of her head, with golden bells gingling whenever she tilted her head. "Honey, you in ma house! I thought that was obvious!" She chuckled before plopping herself onto the rocking chair. "My name is Jeremy Ph.D Hillary Boob, but you may call me Jeremy!" He was about to say something else when she interrupted. "Ma name is Chi, but you may call me: Chi." She pushed her hair back and sat with her legs crossed. "So, nowhere man, what were you doing out there? Haven't you heard that patrols have been higher than usual? All because of some stupid girl..." she murmured the last sentence underneath her breath. Jeremy's wars perked up, "Could it be? Is the Chief not all he seems? Is Heather alive and trapped against her glee?" Chi looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Crossing her arms, she stood up. "You're tellin me ya know her? You aren't supposed to know! I'm not even supposed to know! If the meanies found my secret hidey-hole they'd capture me! I'm already in enough trouble as it is staying here, you'll leave tomorrow morning." She stated. Jeremy paused, "Please don't throw me out! For I still have much much doubt!" He walked to the best of his ability over to her, taking her soft furry paw in his hand. "Fair maiden, please show me the way to the base. I need to find my peace with the meanies and therefore this place. Especially if you allow me able to gaze upon your lovely face." He pleaded, blush creeping onto his cheeks. Chi paused, and second guessed herself. "How do I know you aren't one of them? You might've just dyed your wool a different color after realizing I've been hiding out here for years... Pepperland is loud, the hills are quiet, well I'm sick of both! At least here I can decide!" She exclaimed before brushing her bells off to the side. "I can promise I am no fraud, but please, tell me why your predicament so odd?"

"Look, jere-boy, I used to live with my mother, but one day I woke up and surprise surprise! I'm here. I have no idea, END OF STORY!" She glared. He smiled kindly and nodded understandably, "That's quite alright, in fact, since I have no act, I'll tell you I am helping Heather get away from their leader who is known to be abstract."

"......Cut the rhyme and speak English!!!!" She lost it. The nowhere man only laughed whole-heartedly, "Well if I spoke true you'd find out, I don't know what I talk about!" Chi looked at the ceiling with wonder, then smirked. "Don't worry little man.... I think I gotta plan to save your folks..." Jeremy's ears perked up like an excited puppy. "...and maybe mine too..." she murmured underneath her breath.

-6 hours before-

"Hello Sarah, I'm surprised to see you here, all aloooone..." The Chief Blue meanie spoke like one of those obsessive primary school teachers. "Where's Heather?" She asked as innocently as possible. "Please tell me," her blindfold shielded her tears. "You don't have to worry about her. She's not your concern anymore." He said slowly and clearly, trying to make her understand. "But...but... she said she'd come back..." Sarah said with a mumble. "I know sweetie... but she's gone." Chief stated, growing impatient on the inside. "Where did she go? Specifically?" Sarah pressed, not wanting to give up hope. "Well that's a big word for you." "Did you kill her?" She asked shakily. He shook his head, even if she couldn't see it.