Chapter 20

After the chile was eaten and I cleaned up the kitchen Logan got really tired.

"I'm going to bed. Nighty-night D." Logan walks over and plants a kiss on my cheek like earlier, but much softer.

"Night." I smile and look back at my phone.

He has been overly-nice since I got home. He never compliments me. In fact he jokes about me. It must be him being heartbroken has made him extra passionate.

After about 25 minutes I was watching 'Grey's Anatomy' when I hear Logan.

"Delaney. Come here please." He whines. His voice raspy. I sigh and pause my show as I walk towards his room. He probably needs water or another blanket.

"Yeah?" I poke me head into his room. He is sitting up with the blankets around his shoulders and tears are falling down his face.

"C-can you come h-here?" He whimpers. I nod softly and walk in. I sit on the bed next to him and hug him tightly.

"I'm so sorry Loge." I say as I run his bear back. He always sleeps in just pants or his boxers.

"C-can y-you do s-something for m-me?" He stutters as he wipes his face off.

"Sure. What do you need?"

"C-could you lay here with me until I f-fall asl-leep?" He looks at me with his puffy, blue eyes. His dark brown hair is all messed up.

"I don't know if that's a good idea..." I trail off staring back into his saddened eyes.

"P-Please? You can leave as s-soon as I fall asleep. It w-will only b-be ten minutes." He hiccups mid-sentence. I sigh and nod slowly.

He snuggles himself up and opens his arms for me. I climb up into his chest and lay one arm over him. He smiles as he closes his eyes.

I sit there for about 5-10 minutes and look up. He is completely out. I climb out of his grasp slowly and then tip toe out of his room. I shut the door and walk back to my show. I suddenly hear another cry from Logan.

"Delaney." He elongates my name. I sigh and go back to his room.

"What?" I ask getting frustrated.

"I love you." He whispers to me.

"I love you too." I smile even though I'm pissed off. I shut his door and go back to finally finish my show.

...

"When can you come over?" I ask through the phone.

"Any time babe. Are you there now?" Dylan asks through his cell.

"Yep! Logan is still upset though about what's happened so we may have to be quiet cause he is about to go to take a nap."

"That's ok we can just snuggle on the couch!" Dylan says cheerfully.

I laugh and tell him goodbye as he says he is on his way. I lock my phone and go into Logan's room.

"You going to bed?" I ask him as I watch his half naked body climb into bed.

"Yeah. Can I have a hug?" He says holding his arms out to me.

I nod and walk over. He hugs me for a very long time. And kisses my cheek softly at the end.

"I love you so much." He says sadly.

I smile, "I love you too." And kiss his forehead. He smiles and snuggles himself in his bed as I walk out.

After about 10 minutes Dylan walks the door with ice cream.

"I thought we could eat this." He says as he puts the treat into the freezer.

"Okay. How about later?" I ask as he comes to sit next to me.

"That's fine." He says, "How is he doing?"

"Sleeping a lot and really depressed. He has therapy in about a week so that should help him. I feel so bad for him." I frown liking over to his door.

Dylan lays a kiss on my nose, "Everything will be okay. He will get through it."

I nod as he wraps me into his arms and lays us down on the couch. He turns on Netflix and clicks on 'Safe Haven'.

We were watching the sad movie until my eyes droop and eventually collapse on me. I fall asleep seconds later.