Chapter 1: Can I have a pencil please?

It was the 3rd period of the day, 11:22 am to be exact. I was well into my note-taking when I heard a soft deep calling my name. "Toliver, Toliver~~~, Mr. student body pres~~," I swear this boy makes me sweat as I've just run a 10-meter race. I turn around and see the face I've loved looking at since I don't know how long. Ren Yamamoto, the most well-known name in our district for being the best swimmer, has won countless competitions, an all-around good person, funny, charming, handsome, I can practically feel myself melting in my seat just thinking about this man in front of me. I've had this massive crush on him for forever, I don't think there's, not a time where he hasn't crossed my mind. You know just the other day- "earth to Toliver..did you hear my question pres?" Ren said, breaking me out of my thoughts..about him. "Oh um a pencil right?" I asked. I watched as he nodded his head towards me. I shifted a bit and looked through my neatly organized pencil case. I picked up a recently sharpened pencil. "Here you go Ren, next time please try to keep up with your school utensils. You
know you'll be in class." I smiled at him softly before turning back to start on my notes again. "Thanks, pres." I heard him say with a sweet tone.

🎉Time skip brought to you by procrastination🎉

I walked to room 307, the room where the student body meets up, every Wednesday's, Monday's, Friday's. Today we are going to be discussing the time spent in the halls while transitioning classes. I opened the door and stepped inside, going to my chair in the round table. People filled in and we started discussing. "I do believe that we should extend the amount of time we're given, 5 minutes is just not enough to do with, going to your locker then going to other buildings and floors to go to your class, and the possible chance that you might have to use the restroom as well. I think we should bring up having the maximum time to around 10 to 15 minutes during transitioning when the classes fill up, the class will start, those students who fail to go into a class will either need a pass or they will be marked absent, ie: protocol for the teachers." I finished up all that I wanted to stay. I listened to almost everyone else that needed or had anything to add or ask. My eyes wandered off to the clock that was ticking ever so softly on the wall to my left. 4:03..Ren has a game in less than an hour. "We can cut this meeting short for today and pick back up Friday." I stood up and grabbed my things. "I just remembered I had somewhere to go, and I completely mixed up the times. My apologies." I spoke and made my way to the door. "Depending on what we have left to discuss today we can pick it back up in the group chat. See you all at the next meeting." I walked out the door and made my way to the pool. I opened the doors and saw the few dozen people already in the bleachers. I walked to my spot and sat down. They were currently just warming up, doing some quick laps. As the gym filled up I saw Ren become more and more flashy, trying to impress the people in the stands, telling the people of the challenging school that he will prevail and we will win. When the competition started, I admired him more and more. His strength, flexibility, how graceful it is, it was breathtaking, it was beautiful. Honestly, I wish I could tell him all these things, tell him how beautiful he is, especially while doing something he loved the most. As the game ended, us in victory, I saw him, with the widest, the happiest smile that I've ever seen on his face. This was the race that determined if we were going to the semi-finals. I'm so incredibly proud of him, and of course the other members of the time, no doubt. I got up from my seat and walked over to the team. "Congratulations, I am extremely proud of every one of you. You all put on a show and showed them that we are the victorious team that are going to the semi-finals, I know all of know what this means, of course for the school, but to you guys as well. Thank you." I smiled. Their cheers got louder and they were rowdier than usual but I kinda should've expected that from the boys. "Hey pres, thanks for that," Ren said as he pulled me to the side a bit. "They have been working themselves a lot, knowing that this was the game that told us of our future, your little president speechy speech lifted their spirits, more than I could these past few weeks." he smiled and rested a hand on my shoulder. "No problem, it's my job to speak words of encouragement, to uplift my peers and all that." I rubbed the back of my neck as I spoke, being a bit flustered that he was so close to me. "Well, good job, I'm very proud of you, you did amazing. I uh have to get going now. Keep up the good work Rennie." I grinned and waved him goodbye as I hurried out the gym. I made it to my car in huffs. I think my heart is going to beat out of my chest. I had to get out of there as quickly as I could before I said something to him that outed me. Honestly, I wish I could tell him how I feel, but I'm so afraid. What if all that I've worked on to get accomplished just means nothing when they find out it was by a bi guy, let alone a black bi guy. I am just so afraid of what people will say, how people will react, what they will do to me, and more importantly, I'm afraid of the rejection, not only from my peers, but also from Ren. I sighed and started my way home. Once I got home, I walked inside and went to the kitchen. A note was on the counter, 'we're both working late tonight, dinner in the fridge, love you -bibi' i sighed and picked up the note, folding it neatly and putting them where I keep the rest. I love my parents, and I'm glad that they take pride in their jobs but it wouldn't hurt to spend time with their kid. I took out the dinner from the fridge and heated it. I set the table and ate while I worked on all of the work I currently had for this week, just to pass time and keep myself from thinking of that boy I oh so adore. Once it was late enough, I packed my school bag up and went to my room, showering and getting ready for bed. Once I was settled I laid in bed and turned my lamp off. I hope Ren gives me my pencil back.