Chapter 3: Sweetest Voice

"Hey Presssss." Ren said sweetly. "Hey Ren." I waved at him. "Am I still allowed to come to your meeting?" I nodded. He followed me into our room. "Alright everyone, we have a guest here today. He'll just be watching so just pretend he isn't here." I sighed and put my bag down. "The meeting is now in session." I sat down in my seat and looked through my notes for today's meeting. "Okay..seeing as we discussed a lot in the meeting before, in the chat..we don't really have much to cover. We can talk about-" I looked up from the notebook to see Ren biting his lip and winking at me. Really? Now? While I'm in a meeting. "We can talk openly if anyone has any proposals for the schedule, hallways, etc then speak. If we can all come to an agreement of time to suggest them to the school board then we can add it to the list we already have." I sat back in my chair. While listening to everyone, I couldn't help but be so flustered. Ren, making kissy faces, blowing me kisses, honestly it's so hard for me to keep my composure around this man.

After the meeting, I and Ren walked to his car since I took the bus today. We got inside and he started driving. "Ya know Pres, you're like so hot when you're all Presidenting and stuff." He chuckled and put his hand on my knee. "Thank you..?" I stumbled out. Geez, I can't catch a break with him can I? Not only is my face still heated from the meeting, but it's also extra heated from the placement of his hand. I took a silent breath and fiddled with my fingers. Just make it through the ride Toliver.
⛸Time Skippy⛸
We got to the ice skating rink shortly after my meeting. "So do you know how to ice skate Toliver?" He asked sweetly. I shook my head. "I've never been ice skating actually." He dragged me in line for the skates. "Well I'll teach you." He smiled. I felt my heart flutter. I was sort of spacing out until I felt someone shake my arm. "Toliver, what size shoe do you wear?" Ren looked up at me. "Oh I wear a 12."  He got skates for both of us. We sat down on a bench. I laced the skates and stood up. "Sit back down." Ren laughed. "You laced them wrong." He got down and laced up the skates for me. "There you go Pres." I stammered. "T-thanks." He laced up his skates and stood up. "Cmon." He held out his hand. "Don't want you to fall." I took his hand. He led us to the rink. "Trust me. I won't let you fall."
I followed him. "Okay just skate how you regularly would. Don't lean forward to too much." I started skating slowly. He continued holding my hand. He skated with me. "You're doing good Pres!" He smiled. I felt my face heat up. "Really?" He nodded. "Okay I'm gonna let get off your hand." I shook my head. "Don't let go." I said. It wasn't because I wasn't confident in skating but, I loved feeling his hand in mine. He smiled. "Okay I won't." We continued skating together. "You're doing really good. Honestly, you're doing better than me." He laughed. I smiled. "Aww Pres. I've never seen you smile or laugh for that matter. You're always like hmph Mr.strict man." He paused. "I like it when you smile."
After about two hours of skating,we left the skating rink. "We should do this again sometime." Ren suggested. I nodded. "Are you maybe...free tomorrow?" He asked. I checked my calendar. "My mom has a thing tomorrow but, I'm not sure if she wants me to come with her." He nodded. "Well if she does then I can pick you up afterwards?" I nodded. "Yeah that sounds good. What should we go do tomorrow?" He shrugged. "Maybe we could catch a movie or we could hang out at my house?" I nodded. "Yeah that sounds cool." He sighed. "You always look so serious, Toliver. Loosen up a bit. Your shoulders look so tensed up all the time." I tried to relax a bit. "Oh yeah are you hungry?" He asked in a soft tone. "I could eat." We walked to his car. "The diner?" I nodded and got in the car. He got in as well. "So pres...why do you seem so stressed all the time?" He turned to look at me. "Well...I'm not stressed out right now but,being the student body president, keeping up with class, being the mayor's son, and so much more has it's side effects I suppose." He nodded and started driving.
My eyes were closed and I was drifting off to sleep. "Pres? You awake?" I nodded. "Just barely though." My eyes fluttered open. "You look so peaceful when you're sleeping." He said. "You can go back to sleep. We aren't there yet." I shook my head. "It's fine. I'm not super sleepy." I yawned softly. He continued driving. "So what do you like to do?" I smiled. "I like photography and I like modeling." He nodded. "What about you?" He thought for a second. "I like writing poetry and going to poetry bars. It's really fun. You should join me sometime." I smiled. "Really? I never expected you to be a poet. I'll definitely go with you sometime though." He chuckled. "That's almost always the response when I tell people that." He parked. We both got out the car. I glanced at his hand. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I felt extremely flustered due to how close he was. We got inside the diner and sat down.
I ordered a salad and a milkshake. "That's all you want?" Ren asked. "You know it's on me right?" He said. "Oh." I giggled. "I'm still fine with what I have. Thank you though." He ordered. "So tell me a bit about yourself, Toliver." He said my name so sweetly and I swear it gives me butterflies every time. "I don't really know what to say. I mean I'm very dedicated to my school work and being the student body president. I model from time to time and I'm really into photography but, I don't have much time for it." He nodded.
"Do you work out Pres?" He asked. I shook my head. "Not really." He studied my hands. "Your hands are so pretty." I felt my face heat up again. "Thanks..." he giggled. "No problem." He started eating his food. I ate my salad. "Does it taste good?" I nodded. We both finished our food. We talked for bit. "Toliver, it's 11:30." My eyes widened. "Really?" I checked my phone. "It sure is." He nodded. "Pres how about you just stay at my place?" I thought about it for a bit. "Well it is pretty late..." He paid for everything. "I was gonna-" he put his finger to my lips. "Hush Pres. I said it was on me." He giggled and got up. "Come on." I got up. "I have somewhere in the morning though." He nodded. "That's fine. Like I said earlier, I'll just come get you afterwards." We walked to the car. "Are you tired?" He asked. I shook my head and got in. He got in as well. "I'm always up this late or later." He frowned. "When do you sleep then Pres?" I shrugged. "Just whenever I can." He starting driving to his house. "I'm having a lot of fun." He said. "So am I." He parked at his house. We got out the car. "We can chill out in my room and whenever you're tired, you can just go to the guest room." I nodded. He led me to his room. He sat on the bed. He patted the bed and I sat down on it. "Let's watch some movies." He suggested.
I nodded slowly. "Pres...why are you so tense?" He rubbed my shoulders. "I'm really stressed out, Ren." He sighed and played with my hair. "The curls are so pretty." I gave a faint smile. "Thank you." He touched my face. "You're just pretty in general Pres." My heart was beating super fast and I felt butterflies in my stomach. "T-thanks, Ren." He laid out on the bed. I laid beside him. "Oh let me give you something to sleep in." He got up. He came back with an oversized hoodie and some shorts. "Thanks." I grabbed them and quickly left to change into them. I locked myself in the bathroom and started breathing heavily. "He called me pretty." I changed quickly and went back in his room. I sat on his bed and continued watching the movie. He laid his head on my shoulder. "Ren?" He looked up at me. "You tired?" I asked softly. He shook his head. He played with my hair. "I'm not messing it up, am I?" He asked innocently. "No, you aren't." After a while, he stopped playing with my curls. "Ren?" I heard soft snoring. I laid him down. I got up ,but I felt my hand being grabbed. "Toliver...stay in here please?~" I hesitated before laying beside him. "Night night Toliver.~" he said in the sweetest voice that I've ever heard.  "Night night Ren." I fell asleep.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||hiiiiii Sorry if it seems like I just jumped into it. I haven't updated in a while so I just wanted it out this outtie out. I really hope you all enjoy it and such. Thank you for readingggggg. I do be loving y'all tho.