"I'm home."

Warning: Spoiler!

Novel: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

[If you have not read it yet, I promise you'll not regret giving it a try. This novel captured my heart. I was filled with so much emotion reading it. KDJ will forever be one of my favorite characters.]

This occurred after the last chapter.

I wrote this while listening to this song. I think it's a perfect one for the characters and the theme.

__________________________________________

'He's here.'

They were given a familiar smile and crinkled eyes that were far too old and tired. He looked exactly the same but his aura was different. It was heavier and ancient. They all knew he had been through a lot, they all have been.

Still, they couldn't believe it. He was here. They were all afraid to step forward, scared that this was all a dream. One move and they imagined him crumble and disappear. Some of them had lost hope and tried to move on. They all knew, however, that within their hearts, they wanted for him to come back like the previous scenarios. They expected him to just appear like always; they longed for him.

He stared at each and every one of them as if he couldn't believe that they were real and in front of him. Thousands of years have passed by. Parts of him were scattered and lived a new life that he cannot remember. He wished for them to live happily with his most treasured memories but they wanted all of him. A part of him couldn't understand but now, he felt whole. He felt complete. He waited for them to say something but their shaking eyes were afraid and full of longing.

"I'm home," he said weakly, eyes glossing with so much emotion.

That broke the spell. Gasps and choking sounds, tears and whispers of his name. Everyone wanted to run towards him, touch his face and his hands, to confirm that they were not dreaming and he was not going to leave again. [and again, and again.]

"Kim Dokja," a deep breathless voice called his name in a tone not fitting the person's character.

Of course, Yoo Joonghyuk was the first one to move forward. Han Su-yeong would have done it but her knees weakened. She was trying hard not to break down, beat him up, and then hug the beloved bastard. The others were far too afraid, thoughts running a mile per second. [What if he doesn't remember us? What if he doesn't want to stay? What if we fail again and he'll leave?]

"Yoo Joonghyuk," Dokja saw the sunfish's hands trembling as the other stepped towards him. He tried to ignore it. He also was busy trying to keep his tears from falling. He gulped and closed his eyes, waiting to be beaten. He deserved it. He broke too many promises and many tears shed because of him. He received none of it.

His life and death companion was hugging him. Dojka's eyes shook as he felt his mask crumble. He slowly raised his hands and grasps the other's shirt. He let out a choked sob, he let it everything out. He remembered wanting to go back and join them but he just couldn't. Now, he was afraid that he wasn't their Kim Dokja anymore. He wasn't sure if he truly knows who he was. So many things had happened and time had passed, most he can't remember but he felt the exhaustion and the pain. He felt the loneliness wrapped around his heart. But there was also the love and warmth that kept him going despite forgetting.

"Ahjusshi!"

"Hyung!"

"Dokja-shi!"

The youngest broke through, followed by the others.

He was finally here.

Finally with them.

He was home.