Life, death, and an alternate universe. [2/?]

Warning: Spoiler?

Novel: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

This occurred in an alternate universe. A place where the scenarios didn't occur and their lives were a little different. All the characters retained their memories except one, Kim Dokja.

______

Kim Dokja was confused.

He started his day like any other: papers to fill, orders to follow, trains to catch. The only unusual thing was he sat beside the office's crush, Yoo Sangah. When she didn't say anything to him, he decided to just ignore her and listen to his favorite album. When she took notice of him, Dokja only thought was to be polite. Sure, she was pretty but he was sure she was way beyond out of his league. Besides, his internship was about to end. Dokja complained to his mother millions of times but he learned to accept it. Fortunately, he was also set in for an interview in a better company and position next week.

Dokja didn't know what to do. He's been receiving quite the stares from a lot of people he didn't know. He just wanted to enjoy the song and get lost in his imagination. He was planning to take a nap there but he didn't want to embarrass himself beside Sangah. He's been having some weird dreams lately, perhaps he should stop watching movies related to mythologies.

Anyways, the problem at hand. They attract a lot of people's attention when this random boy came and started questioning him. Even more when the kid started crying and this handsome guy that reminded him oddly of a sunfish joined the party. He wanted to dip right there, but something was stopping. It might be the phantom pain like his heart was being squeezed whenever he looked at the boy's eyes or the weird relief he felt when he saw the handsome guy's face.

"You..." He heard the person stoically mumble. 'His voice is so deep... he looks like he came out from a book... ah?' Dokja felt chills down his spine at the thought.

"I- I didn't do anything!" He hurriedly explained. He didn't want to be labeled as the crappy person who made a random child cry. He was the type of person who'll save a child from getting run over. "He came and well I've never seen this-"

"Dokja-shi," Sangah interrupted him again. 'Why does she keep on doing that?' Dokja wondered as she observed her face that was paling.

"Please don't say anything to upset the boy even more." 'Oh...'

"I'm sorry," Dokja's thoughts were scrambled. He turned towards the kid who was watching him solely, eyes swarming with so much emotion. "Hey, what's your name?"

He felt two pairs of uncertain eyes watching the conversation. He didn't feel the three others that were watching from afar.

______

Gilyoung sniffed. He was trying hard to gather his emotions and thoughts. He didn't want to reply because his hyung should have known his name. However, the look on this hyung's face was something he can't refuse.

"Lee Gilyoung," he answered.

"I'm Kim Dokja," his Hyung introduced himself. He nodded, tears gathering in his eyes again.

"Well, you can continue calling me hyung now that we know each other's names," that familiar smile made his heart hurt even more. "and here. You can contact me here if you really want to be my uh- little brother." He was handed a business card.

He took it and clutch it on his chest. Perhaps the gods were giving them a chance to start all over again. It was just painful to do so, to let go of the memories and sacrifices that they had made. 'What a joke,' he had many questions left unanswered and more questions that were tempting to erupt in his brain. 'Where is.. How did we.. Why is he... My mom..'

"Gilyoung-ah," the woman he called mother placed a hand on his head and forced him to bow along with her. "I'm so sorry about this commotion. I don't know what got into him. We'll be going our way. I'm so sorry again," the woman apologized before dragging him away from the people he had called family.

He looked at Sangah's eyes before turning back and letting the other woman drag him. 'Noona, I'll see you soon.' Her eyes promised that they'll all figure things out together like they always do.

______

Yoo Joonghyuk let this all happened because he was lost.

He usually knew what to do but in this scenario his mind was blank.

"Do you want to sit?" The bastard asked him glancing upwards to look at his face. Dokja looked the same, but Joonghyuk felt the difference. 'Alternate dimension? A scenario? No, that's impossible. So what is this?' The frown on his face deepened as he sat beside the man that had caused a lot of headaches.

"Joonghyuk-shi," Sangah called him. "Have you checked yet?" He felt Dokja's gaze going back and forth the two of them.

"Do you guys want me to move? We can exch-"

"Not yet. We should meet with the others," for now, he decided to ignore him. He needed to know what changed.

"Alright," Sangah replied. "Hyungsung-shi, Myungoh-shi, and Namwoon-shi should be here. I'll go to them right now. We'll have to find the others." She got up and leave, also ignoring the other.

"Sangah-shi?"

"..." Joonghyuk decided to not include Kim Dokja in the upcoming gathering.

"Kim Dokja," he called.

"You know me? Oh wait, I introduced myself earlier. You seem familiar." Joonghyuk heard the last part the was mumbled, unlike the rest. He sighed as he felt a part of him was a little relief.

"Yoo Joonghyuk."

"Nice to meet you."

"Give me your business card."

"What?"

______

"Ha? Dokja-shi doesn't remember!" Han Myungoh hissed. "Sangah-shi, this world is a little weird."

He felt three pairs of eyes waiting for him to elaborate.

"Before the scenarios, I- I didn't have anyone." He started as he lifted his trembling hand to show the picture on his phone. "B-but here, my daughter is also alive."

"What?" Kim Namwoon started as he searched his pocket for his phone. He found it and unlocked it. His mouth gaped at his wallpaper. He doesn't remember liking Gundam before the scenarios. Namwoon snorted as he hurriedly tapped on his gallery.

"Gilyoung was also with his mother instead of his aunt," Sangah muttered.

"...Sangah-shi." Lee Hyunsung's eyes shook but his shoulders sagged in relief. "I know where Hewoon-shi is." He showed a picture on his phone to the group.

It was him and Hewoon in a bar.

"Guys, you won't believe this..." Namwoon felt breathless as he showed the picture to the group.

It was Hades, Persephone, and a dog that could only be Cerberus. The picture looked like it was taken by him.

"What the f*ck, right?"