Life, death and an alternate universe [1/?]

Warning: Spoiler?

Novel: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

This occurred in an alternate universe. A place where the scenarios didn't occur, but their lives were a little different. All the characters retained their memories except one, Kim Dokja.

____________________________________________

Yoo Sangah blinked. She was in the subway.

It was the exact same subway that started everything except nothing had happened. She glanced at the person beside her, hoping for it to be that person.

She saw him but quickly noticed something different. She was absolutely sure that it was indeed Kim Dokja, the man that saved their lives numerous times by sacrificing his own. The reader was not reading but instead was listening to music. She felt nervousness crawl into her system. Something was wrong.

'No, it could be,' she thought, eyes shaking in worry.

She poked him, face changing into a practiced smile. "Dokja-shi?"

"Ah," she watched as the other glance her, reflecting her smile. "Sangah-shi?"

It was Kim Dokja but it was not theirs.

____________________________________________

Lee Hyunsung blinked. He was in the subway.

He quickly looked around for the people he knew that should be in the same place during this time. His dark eyes connected with Kim Namwoon. The other nodded and gave him a thumbs up. He looked at his right and saw Han Myungoh who looked like he was about to faint as he mouth word 'daughter'. He moved towards him to help. As he passed by many people, he shared a glance with Yoo Sangah. She looked pale and that was enough for him to be on alert. Something was wrong. He quickly stared at the person beside her, his cartridge, and felt something was off.

Kim Dokja looked at him, eyes filled with confusion. Hyunsung was given a polite smile.

All of a sudden, he felt weak as his mouth hung open. He quickly knew that this Dokja does not know who he was.

____________________________________________

Lee Gilyong blinked and let out a surprised gasp. He was in the subway, again.

Thinking quickly, he looked for his hyung and the others. With his current height, he couldn't see that well. He gripped the cage filled with grasshoppers. He was confident that they'll survive the scenarios but he wasn't looking forward to doing all of that again. He perked up as soon as he saw Lee Hyunsung move. He watched the other walk towards a familiar man. People parted to give way to the intimidating man. That gave Gilyong a chance to quickly glance and look for his Dokja-hyung or his Sangah-noona. He saw them and he smiled in relief.

He tried to wave at them but the people moved again obstructing his view to his dismay. Instead, he went back in observing his Hyunsung who was now shaking with eyes staring at his hyung's direction. Gilyong's stomach dropped as he realized something was wrong. His senses were screaming at him to check on his hyung.

He stood up, ignoring his aunt's voice- wait. He looked at the person beside him in shock. It was his mother who was staring at him in confusion. His mother that was supposed to be dead. He stared her for a few seconds, eyes trembling before shaking his head and walking towards his hyung. He pushed people until he was in front of his hyung and noona.

"Hyung," he muttered weakly. He received a look of surprised and a quick polite smile.

"Are you los-"

"Gilyoung-ah," Sangah interrupted, placing a hand on the trembling boy's shoulder.

His mother was alive. His hyung doesn't know him. The scenarios might be happening again.

Gilyoung wanted to faint.

____________________________________________

Yoo Joonghyuk blinked and watched the people around him. He was in the subway but something was different.

The man that was supposed to be a terrorist wasn't there. He doesn't remember regressing and the dokkaebi that was supposed to appear was late for 30 seconds and counting.

He quickly stood up and moved towards the next carriage that he was sure Dokja and the others were in. People moved away from him as they felt his intimidating aura and saw his handsome appearance. He opened the carriage door and observed the people in it.

Han Myungo's hands were trembling as he stared at his phone with a smile that screams relief. Beside him was Lee Hyunsing who's hands were shaped in a tight fist as he stared towards a certain direction.

Joonghyuk walked further in the carriage, senses all alert from Hyunsung's reaction.

He saw a worried Sangah comforting a pale Gilyoung who was an inch towards hysterical. He heard a woman searching for the boy. Beside Sangah was a panicking and confused Dokja. Joonghyuk sighed and moved towards them.

When he was close enough to hear their mutterings, he understood why Gilyoung and Hyunsung acted like that.

"Little boy, where's your mom?" Dokja asked with a panicked tone.

Gilyoung's eyes shone with unshed tears as his frown deepen. Sangah looked back and forth between the two as her heart filled with sadness.

"Hyung, why can you remember me?"

"Sorry, what?" Dokja looked like he was taken aback with the sudden question. "Do I know-"

"Hyung!" Gilyoung finally cried as he screamed. "It's Gilyoung! Why can you remember me?!"

The regressor watched the situation unfold in disbelief. Gilyoung noticed his presence and turned towards him.

"Joonghyuk-hyung, why can't he remember me?!" the boy sobbed, clutching his hair in frustration. The insect cage was tightly clutched in Sangah's hands.

The boy's mother watched in confusion.

Joonghyuk stared at Kim Dokja, eyes filled with a mixture of flaming emotions. Disbelief, anger, longing and sadness.

"Kim Dokja," he called the man who's mouth was hanging down the floor. Dokja's eyes stared back at him. As if asking him to explain, they shone with confusion and guilt.

"You..." Joonghyuk trailed off, he was unsure of what to say.