Chapter One

Where things stand...

Avoidance was the name of the game. It has begun to be something Everest Weller was very good at. She avoided the Cullens and Bella like they had the plague, which wasn't as hard as she thought it would be since she tested out and graduated early and got a job at Port Angelas. Occasionally she would see Esme at the grocery store but always managed to avoid the maternal woman. 

Everest had gotten very into art, her parents and siblings surprising her for her birthday by renovating the attic into an art studio with skylights. She had gone away to visit Sage at her new internship at a fancy restaurant in California for a week, and when she got back, she found her parents and Scout in her new studio that had sage green and pale-yellow walls, dark hardwood floors adorned with drop sheets, and all the art supplies she could need, including paints, charcoals, pencils, markers, clay and pottery tools and more. She loved it, and doing that, combined with her love of fixing up and selling vintage cameras and typewriters, practicing her magick including learning about the different aspects of being a witch, and working on planning the gardens and working in her greenhouses, spending time with her family and working; she had been pretty successful at not thinking about Bella Swan. 

Avoiding the girl hadn't been easy either, even if Everest had been so busy. Bella kept coming to the house, and calling and texting Everest, but emboldened by her therapist, Everest had laid it out plainly for the girl when she eventually caught up to her. Edward and Bella's relationship was unhealthy and borderline obsessive, Everest wanted no part until Bella figured it out for herself, but she refused to be hung up on the girl forever. Bella had admitted that taking some time to herself would probably be best, to get her head and feeling straight because she loved them both, but requested they remained friends. Everest had half-heartedly agreed but used the busy excuse-not excuse to remain distant. On one hand, she was really busy, but she purposely kept Bella at arm's length for both of their sakes. So, Bella was single, with Everest avoiding her, Edward pining over her and fending off Mike Newton, who had latched onto her newly single status.

Victoria had disappeared, which made the vampires, wolves and witches all pretty nervous. They still patrolled and continued to refresh and strengthen the wards and the Witches were growing closer to the wolves and continued to be frosty towards the vampires. Not even because of their species, but because of how much Bella and invertedly the Cullens had hurt one of their own. 

Ollie and Abel had rekindled their relationship, and Scout and Everest learned that it happened every once in a while, since witches lived for so long. Even 'ones' would spend some time apart, 'ones' end up getting back together in most cases, and they also learned that this was the second time their parents had separated since they found one another. Abel had also called his firstborn to invite him to come meet his siblings since all of them knew the truth about the supernatural now, Sebastian had agreed to try to make it out sometime before the end of the year.