Chapter Two

Unacceptable behavior and graduation talks...

Everest was vibing to 'Florence and the Machines' newest album 'Dance Fever' as she painted in her attic studio one night a few months after the whole Volturi debacle

Everest was vibing to 'Florence and the Machines' newest album 'Dance Fever' as she painted in her attic studio one night a few months after the whole Volturi debacle. She was dancing around to the music and just generally letting the music guide her in both her moves and her painting when she heard arguing when 'My King' changed to 'Girls against God'. Her brow furrowed as she turned her music down a bit and glanced out the window to see Edward and Bella by the girl's truck. Everest tried to tell herself to ignore it and go back to painting, only to sigh frustratedly and purse her lips in agitation since the music stopped speaking to her. with a groan she turned off her music, threw her phone in her pocket and headed outside after texting Scout.

"You ok Bells?" Everest asked, standing by her porch not willing to get much closer.

Bella startles but Edward just gets a pinched look on his face. He had obviously heard her coming before she even stepped outside.

"Everest, hey. I was planning on going to see Jake." Bella smiles at her but it's strained.

Everest nods. "Jake should be off patrol in about a half hour. He's been hanging out with Scout. Are you going to wait at Em's?"

A stormy look crosses Bella's fair features.

"I was going to, but Edward crossed another boundary by taking a part out of my truck in order to stop me from going." Bella tells the girl angrily.

"I'm trying to protect you-" Edward starts but is interrupted by being thrown across the yard.

"That's really controlling and toxic. It's Bella's life and her decisions. You are not allowed to steamroll her and disregard her choices." Everest snaps.

Edward snarls and goes to lunge at her but is held against the ground by an unrelenting force.

"Bella. If you still wanna go, I'll take you myself and make sure he isn't able to move until we cross the treaty line." Everest offers.

Bella hesitates, looking between them. On one hand a part of her doesn't want to displease Edward. On the other she knows she needs to remain firm in her boundaries, Edward clearly crossed one that she explicitly discussed with him. She looks into Everest's beautiful green eyes and feels herself nod. Everest nods back.

"Does Charlie know you're going?" Everest asks, knowing Bella had been grounded for her three-day escapade to Italy.

Bella nods as they ignore the sound of Edward's protests as they move to Everest's new motorcycle her parents bought her for her graduation present. Seeing what they were getting on made Edward struggle fruitlessly even more as they put on leather motorcycle jackets and helmets.

"Yep. He said I was officially unpunished today."

"Let him know I'm taking you, so he doesn't worry." Everest says and idly wonders why she was doing this and getting involved.

Bella does so through text before strapping the helmet onto her head and sliding on behind Everest. She looks at the writhing vampire and hesitates before saying in the sternest tone she could muster.

"You need to remember our discussions on boundaries. The wolves won't hurt me, and Everest will be there. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Bella please!" Edward pleads, "How will I know you'll be okay?"

"You'll just have to trust me. I was okay without you for six months. Don't you dare stay here all night. I will call Emmett and ask him to drag you home if I have to, you know he'll do it." She told him, before sliding her arms around Everest's waist and telling the girl she was ready.

Everest slid her visor down before starting the engine and navigating into the street. It had taken her a long while before she could stand to be in any kind of vehicle. She still can barely tolerate cars or trucks but in California while visiting her sister one of Sage's friends let her drive his motorcycle and the feeling of being so free made her fall utterly in love.

The trip to La push felt equal parts agonizingly long and short at the same time. Feeling Bella's warm body pressed against hers, her arms wrapped tightly around her made Everest almost breathless.

After Everest parked her motorcycle in front of the Blacks house she procrastinated by fiddling with her helmet as Bella got off the back and took off her own helmet.
"Thank you, for bringing me." She said quietly.

Everest sighed and dismounted her bike as well, turning to face her ex girlfriend.
"You're welcome. Let me know if he keeps pulling that bullshit, it's really unhealthy."

Bella grimances and nods, scuffing the toe of her converse against the dirt path.
"I know. I had a really long talk with him when I told him I needed some time to myself. I laid out my boundaries and told him that he needed to get his own head straight."
It's quiet for a few moments with Bella staring at the ground and Everest watching the trees.
"I miss you" Bella whispers, and Everest sucks in a sharp breath. "I know I messed up, again. But I really miss you."
Everest bites the inside of her cheek and she pushes back the tears that want to escape. She looks over as Jacob's wolf form hesitates near the tree edge, and swings her leg back over the seat of her motorcycle.
"Jacob is here. I'll be at Em's, Jacob will drop you off there when you are ready to go home."
She strapped her helmet back on and revved the engine before whispering,
"I miss you too."
Before peeling out and heading down to Emily's.