New beginings

As I stepped off the plane and into the New York airport I could feel my nerves getting the better of me. I've honestly never been anywhere by myself in my 26 years of living. It's a huge step for me. I checked my phone after hailing a cab and started the journey to my new apartment. Two missed calls from an unknown number. I shrugged it off and figured if it was important they would've left a voicemail. I placed my phone into my bag and sighed as I looked out the window and towards the beautiful city i had always dreamed of visiting. The sun had just set and the city had a beautiful glow starting to set from all the lights.
The cab finally arrived at my destination about an hour later due to traffic. The cab driver was actually kind enough to help me with my bag which I wasn't expecting. Mr. Mitchell, the landlord, was patiently waiting for me inside the building. "I'm so sorry I'm a little late." I smiled apologetically. "It's quite alright dear." He laughed handing me my key. "You're new home is on the 3rd floor. 3B." He smiled sweetly. "Thank you so much...." I hesitated a second  staring up the winding staircase. "Elevator is Right behind you." He said bringing me back to reality. "Oh thank you! Have a good night." I called after getting in and hitting the button for my floor.
I step off the elevator and find a red apartment door with 3B in gold plating on the front.  I try turning the key but get it stuck in the process. I hear another apartment door open making me turn to see a very tall and handsome man looking my way. He stands there at his door a second taking in my presence before speaking. "Hi...." he finally says looking around towards the elevator. "Sorry.... i heard the elevator and thought my friend was here." He smiles and I go weak in the knees. All I can do at the moment is smile shyly as I turn back to my door jiggling the lock. "You need some help?" I hear from behind me. I turn and come face to face with the handsome stranger's chest. Yes..... he's that tall. I jump at the close proximity making him take a step back. "Sorry you just seem to be having a little trouble." He apologizes. I somehow find my voice again. "I think I got the wrong key from the landlord." I say shakily.  "Mind if I try?" He asks softly. I nod stepping aside for him. I take this moment to really take him in. He's gotta be at least 6'3... towering over my small 5'4 frame. His hair is past his ears and a beautiful dark brown. His eyes... a beautiful hazel brown... a little darker than mine. His muscles tense under his gray tee-shirt as he jiggles the lock a certain way and pries the door open.  He turns back towards me handing me my keys . "These doors can be finicky sometimes." He chuckles resting his hands on his hips. "Thank you so much" I say looking him in the eyes before reaching for my bag and walking past him into my new apartment. "No problem." I hear him say making me turn around in my door way. "I'm Adam by the way." He says warmly offering me his rather large hand. I smile taking it and answering. "I'm y/n." I smile shaking his warm hand. Just as I was getting used to the warmth from his touch it was gone as he released my hand. "I'll see you around?" He asks stepping back into the hallway. "Yeah. Thank you so much for your help." I blush beginning to close my door. I hear him speak so softly as if I wasn't meant to hear it right before I close my door. "Anytime beautiful."