i . kidnapping

A gloomy sky was leering over me while I was walking home from my internship at the chemists.

I could sense something off about the atmosphere, but brushed it off as something from me, rather than everything else.

A fast melody of high heels clicking against pavement alerted me of someone coming up from behind me, not much to worry about . . . but-

I could feel something off about them.
Almost as if their eyes were burning in my skull, like they were trying to kill me with gaze alone.

An arm reached around from behind me, pushing a strong smelling swatch of fabric against my mouth and nose- making me instinctively breathed in, but I realised my mistake while making it.

Is this my turn to die?

I groggily sat up.

"What happened?"
I asked myself, rubbing my forehead while taking in my surroundings.

I remember now- I was walking home from work and I got drugged. No, not drugged, kidnapped.

After remembering what happened, I realised that I was laid on a cold floor, with my head propped up against a strange woman's thighs.

I instantly scrambled to get up, shuffling halfway across the room from the mysterious stranger.

But there were two of the same person.

The other, whom I'd not previously noticed, stared at me with a sweet yet sadistic look in her eye.

My focus shifted from the woman to the one on the floor, before quickly assuming it was a wax figure of my strange captor.

"Ahem."
The lady noticed me staring at her, and made a cough for me to look in her eyes.

The first thing I really noticed was how pretty she was.

She continued grabbing my attention without missing a beat, still staring me down.

"You have been chosen to help me."

Her voice was beautiful, the sound echoing in my brain as I tried to savour it.

"I'd rather die."
I said, snapping out of my lovesick trance, and remembering I was kidnapped because of her.

"That can be arraigned."
She laughed, but her eyes remained serious.

"What do you even mean by help?"
I questioned, partially wanting to hear this perfect stranger's voice once more.

"Help me set up this death game."
She ordered, her eyes full of burning intensity.

"A- a death game?!"
I said, temporary letting my guard down, my jaw falling to the floor.
Part of me wanted to help her kill innocent people for the fun of it.

"A death game."
She repeated, clasping her arms together.

"I- I think I can help you."
I stammered, too scared to know what'd happen if I said no to this woman.

"I suppose we should get aquatinted, should we not?"
The woman asked, reaching a gloved hand towards mine.

I like to consider myself as unphased by most things, and grasped her extended arm in a firm handshake.

"Miley. Sue Miley."
She said, letting go of my hand.

I told her my name, swallowing my anxieties.

"Beautiful name, but it won't work- don't worry, I'll rename you."
She said, nonchalantly looking at her nails.

"What?"
I asked, my senses bathed in fear.

"You will be . . . Astoria Fields, the loving doll."
She didn't bother giving me an explanation at all.

"Hang on! You can't just go changing my name like that!"
I protested, although I loved the name Miley gave me.

"Why not? The law doesn't apply hear, my dear."
Miley smirked while speaking, a teasing look on her face.

My heart went in a loop when she called me "her dear", but I rushed to ignore it.

"First up, making you look the part of Astoria Fields."

I stared at the stranger in the mirror

Did she really need to put contact lenses in?The dress is

The dress is . . . undeniably pretty.

Miley shot me what looked like a doting glance, her eyes skimming over my body.

"Did you make this?"
I asked, smoothing out the sleeves on my body so they laid better on my arms.

"Only to match my dress. Sue Miley and Astoria Fields, the laughing doll and the loving doll." Miley explained, her eyes examining my face.

"Are we a pair?" I asked, swallowing my fear.

"Naturally."