ii. introduced

"Naturally."
Her voice seemed so casual, almost as if she hadn't just said that we'd be partners in a death game.

"Are you serious? You're not fucking with me- right?!"

"Shush. A lady shouldn't swear."
She teasingly put a finger up to my lips, silencing me with her warm touch.

I squirmed uncomfortably under her touch, refusing to make eye contact with her.
A cunning smile crept on her lips, her surely noticing my light blush dusted on my face.

Without giving me longer to savour the feel of her soft finger on my lips, she swiped her hand away wordlessly, the brush of her hand ghosting my face.

"You should get acquainted with the others."
She changed the conversation's tone in a split second, leaving the only trace of her as the butterflies in my stomach.

"There's other people?"
I asked, confused - as I thought it was just the two of us running this strange game.
I felt a pang of jealousy, the idea of her being around others, but I brushed it off as nerves.

For some odd reason, she'd kept hold of my arm the entire time she was guiding me to some secret room where the other people were, the warmth of her hand prickling my skin

She opened the door.

I saw five unknown people.
A childish looking ginger boy, a teary eyed woman, an unremarkable man with a rat-tail, a serious looking man with a strange mustache and a man (?) with an apron on.

Miley made them say their names as they all greeted me- but I wasn't truly listening.

I couldn't listen. 

"Is that all?"
Kai- the man in the apron- asked, clearly wanting to leave.

And so, Miley dismissed them.

It was now just me and her, alone.
Her and me; alone.

"Are they really my coworkers?"
I asked, immediately regretting my poor word choice.

"Not exactly coworkers- more like . . . subordinates."
She said, taking a moment to phrase her response.
"Do you have any issue with it?"

I was taken aback by her sudden question; having no real idea if I had an issue with my so-called "subordinates. "

"I- uh- no-"
I stammered out at her, trying not to embarrass myself with a stupid answer, but judging by the slightly amused look on her face, I had.

"I'm glad."
She smiled at me . . . but this smile was- different? like she actually cared if I liked or disliked the others.

I shuffled uncomfortably, staring down at my feet.

I covered my mouth as I yawned, a wave of drowsiness hitting me like a truck.

"Is there anywhere to sleep?"
I asked hesitantly, hoping there was.

"I seem to have made a miscalculation- you'll have to sleep with me

"I seem to have made a miscalculation- you'll have to sleep with me."
Miley said, then immediately realised her poor word choice and stifling a laugh, while I felt my face heat up.

"I guess I can do that-"
I said, kind of excited by the premise of me being all snuggly with a girl- even if that girl was also my kidnapper.

We got ready to sleep, and I reluctantly had Miley help me out of my dress, embarrassment practically overflowing from my body.

Her hands roamed my body, a sweet hum escaping her lips.

"You have . . . rather soft skin . . . "
She noted, herself being half asleep as her fingertips gently roamed my body.

If I'm being honest? I could stay here forever; being praised by a pretty girl in a non-sexual manner- it was heaven.

She seemed to snap out of her 'trance' and realised she'd been lovingly skimming my body with her hands.

"I apologise- I must excuse myself."
She left, leaving me only in a dressing gown, and only a mirror and a bed in the room.

I should've waited for her, but the warm embrace of sleep was better than any woman's touch.

Right as I was about to slip into unconscious, I felt the bed weigh down on one side; someone else was obviously in the bed, and judging by the sweet smell, it was Miley.

I pretended to be asleep and nuzzled my face into her arm, feeling protected as she stroked my hair.