Chapter 1

Welyn

I panted heavily my vision blurry and sweat dripping off my body as I ran. I don't know how long or how far. I just needed to get as far away as I can. Away from a place I used to call home.

Blood soaked my torn tank top and shorts. It was in the creases of my knees and matted the fur on my tail.

My legs burned in rage as well as my lungs. My body screamed at me to stop. To rest. But I couldn't I had to keep going. Putting more and more distance away from me and my father.

I finally saw a town insight. I was able to slow my running and I almost collapsed from how tired and weak I was. I took in heavy breaths my heart pounding in my chest as I grew closer to the town. I saw humans and others that seemed like me but different types of animals.

Father always told me to avoid humans. That they hurt us. Sell us. And use us. But he has proven that he has been wrong about things.

My ears twitched as I watched from behind a tree. I saw a kitten and her mother. The kitten playing and seemed happy. But then my eyes lingered on their collars around their necks and my heart felt like it was going to stop.

I didn't know what to do as I sank to the ground. Tears threatening to fall. I couldn't return to the Pack...but I refuse to be a pet. To be owned.

I don't remember when I had dozed off, but my eyes snapped open when I felt something brush by my leg. I saw about three men around me.

My ears folded back the hairs of my neck standing on end as I growled at them. I felt so weak and sick, but I couldn't let them see that. I bared my fangs at them. I just wanted to be left alone.

"Hey there pup its okay. We're not going to hurt you. We got a call that there was an injured wolf in the area." One said kneeling down to me.

"I'm f-fine..." I said trying to stand to show them I was okay, but I only fell against him.

He thankfully caught me, and I took in a deep breath trying to get ahold of myself. "What do...you want from m-me?" I mumbled pushing myself against the tree so I could see all of them.

"Nothing pup, we just want to help." The male said and I bit my lip. I frowned as he offered his hand. "What's your name pup?" he asked as I shyly took his hand.

"W-Weyln Madoxx...who are you?" I asked as he put my arm around, his shoulder so he could support me.

"Well I'm Nick." He smiled. "How old are you little one?"

"Seventeen." I pouted, who was he calling little one.

He chuckled at my pout and I whined a bit. I didn't know where he was taking me, but I was beginning to feel dizzier and tripped over my own paws. I almost collapsed but another man quickly grabbing me to keep me from falling.

"Is it alright if I pick you up buddy?" Nick asked and I nodded too weak to keep walking.

He picked me up putting me on his hip supporting my butt. I felt my eyes starting to close as everything started to spin. "Don't fall asleep on me yet bud." Nick said patting my thigh.

He walked into a building that smelt too clean and made my nose crinkle. "Nic...whe...are we?" I stumbled my words out.

"The hospital someone is going to fix up your back okay? He's going to make the pain go away." Nick explained his voice sounding far away as I nodded.

He laid me on a bed on my stomach I could see the sheets turning red due to the blood I was covered in. Even Nick now had bloodstains on his clothes.

A mask was placed over my mouth and nose. I found it easier to breathe but the urge to sleep increased as Nick started rubbing my head. "Rest now little one..." Nick said as I slipped into the darkness of sleep.