𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

AFTER the script reading, Ruby practically ran to the bathroom to hide

AFTER the script reading, Ruby practically ran to the bathroom to hide. She didn't want to face timothée and his beautiful face ever again—she was far too embarrassed.

"I'm so stupid!" She whispered to herself as she leaned on the sink and stared into the mirror.

She felt even more stupid for hiding, but she didn't know what else to do, so she planned on staying in the bathroom for a few more minutes until she made a plan to escape without running into Timothée.

Three minutes passed and finally, Ruby felt ready, so she took a deep breath in and opened the bathroom door. However, as soon as she exited and turned to her right, she ran straight into something hard, and that hard thing just happened to be Timothée Chalamet's chest.

"Whoa!" Exclaimed Timothée, grabbing onto Ruby to keep her from falling to the ground. "I'm so sorry—are you alright?"

She nodded quickly, still avoiding his eyes. "I'm fine."

He let go of her waist and spoke. "You sure? You ran into me pretty hard—"

"—Yeah, I'm good," She snapped.

"O-okay." Timothée murmured, hurt washing over his face.

Ruby noticed it and felt a twinge of guilt in her chest. She didn't like hurting timothée but she was so embarrassed that she couldn't stand being in the same room as him. So she planned to avoid him at all costs, besides, he probably thought she was weird anyway.

She realized that they had been standing there and staring at each other for quite a long time so she awkwardly looked away and down at her phone, which she was clutching so tightly that her knuckles were turning white. "Uh, well, I better be going."

He nodded in understanding. "Oh, yeah. same."

"It was nice meeting you." She said, her tone tense and forced.

He smiled, despite Ruby's attitude toward him. "Yeah, back at you." With that, Ruby turned on her heel, and headed to her car, thinking of Timothée the entire way there.

The next morning, Ruby stood with the director, talking over the scene that they were shooting in just a few minutes.

"Do you think you're ready?" She asked.

All she had to do was lay on the ground, stare at the green screen above her, and look amazed—they were going to edit a sky full of stars on to the green screen later on. "I think so,"

"Rolling!" A camera man yelled. Ruby nodded, got into position, and took a deep breath before putting on an awestruck facial expression.

"Hey guys!" Timothée greeted as he walked into the set with a large smile plaster over his flawless face.

"Cut!" The director shouted.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry!" He apologized frantically, panic and guilt spreading over his face when he realized he ruined the scene. Ruby rolled her eyes at Timothée and sat up, ignoring him completely.

"It's fine." The director explained then turned to Ruby, the producers, and the tech crew. "Take five everyone."

Ruby was about to stand when Timothée rushed over to her to help. "Here," he held out his hand for her to take, which she did, but not without hesitation. "I'm really sorry about that."

Her cheeks turned a shade of pink as she shook her head. "It's okay. You didn't know we were filming." The curly-haired guy raised his eyebrows at her, surprised she was being nice to him.

He didn't quite understand her yet. one minute Ruby and him had a deep connection, then the next, she despised him, but now, she was okay with him? It didn't make sense but he brushed it off.

"Yeah," he laughed nervously. "Uh, so, I was wondering if maybe, after work, you could come and get coffee with me?"

The blonde was flabbergasted at first. The Timothée Chalamet wanted to go get coffee with her? Why? Hadn't she been rude to him the day before?

Timothée tried to read her facial expression but failed. "Is that a yes?" He inquired, trailing off.

"Oh, yes! Sorry."

He smiled widely at her response. "Oh, okay. great."

"Timothée? Are you ready to change?" His manager questioned as he walked up to the two.

"Yeah, I'm ready." He replied, tearing his eyes away from ruby.

"Bye." She said quietly as he walked off with his manager.

He glanced back at her and smirked. "Bye, Pipe." Timothée said, causing her to glare at him playfully.