chapter 4: welcome [4]

Children of the
Demon King's Castle
yanderelle

×××

Around two hours later, Eirene had finished preparing for dinner.

She sat facing the long table, with six small bowls, forks, spoons, and a large broth full of vegetables in front of her. Due to the lack of ingredients in the kitchen and her subpar cooking skills, all Eirene could make was this mediocre and ordinary dish.

'But children need vegetables to grow anyway ... I also put in a little minced meat, so there shouldn't be any problem.'

Well, Eirene could just bought more ingredients from the market in the future. Right now, all of them should just be content with this menu ....

With her magic, Eirene started to search for the children inside the castle. It turned out that they were still on the vicinity of the second floor, looking at the carpet room previously owned by the Second Demon King.

After 'labeling' them with mana from afar, she snapped her fingers, engulfed the children in it as they immediately teleported into the five chairs in front of her with her magic, sitting with bewildered expressions because of the sudden change in scenery.

"Hello there."

However, looking at Eirene's face and calm voice, the children's widened eyes as their faces went pale. Eirene didn't knew what they were thinking, however, her expression crumpled immediately as she saw their dusty appearances.

"Why are you all so dirty?"

The children flinched hearing her question. However, before they could react even further, a soft water bubble engulfed their body and drowned them inside for a second, before evaporates from the top to bottom and left no trail, albeit make their body in a wet mess.

They didn't have time to shiver due to cold though, as Eirene immediately used hot wind to dry them down quickly, blowing them softly and patiently like a hair dryer.

The children looked confused yet astonished and even some were amazed at her magic, they didn't seem to expect this reaction from her, but Eirene paid no attention to them.

As she let the wind do its job, she quickly used magic to pour the soup into the empty bowls, scattered it slowly with a breeze to gave each person a bowl, a fork and a spoon.

"Now, let's eat."

Eirene said nonchalantly, started to use the utensils to eat. However, even after eating for a few seconds, there wasn't any reply nor signs of them eating. Did the food doesn't suit their tastes? Eirene can't help but felt uncertain, thus she peeked a gaze at them confusedly.

She saw how their eyes shifted onto the meal in front of them with curiousity, as if scrunitizing the dish under their gaze, however, no one dare to touch them.

They were also peeking onto each other, as if waiting for someone to eat, taking the lead, before themselves. It was kind of sad that children on their age already developed such vigilance and unnecessary worries.

"... Are you not going to eat?"

At Eirene's question, they flinched visibly. The female twin, who seemed to be fidgeting the most since before in front of her bowl, finally braved herself to grab the utensils and scoop a spoonful of the soup. Eirene was a little surprised, she never thought it would be her who decided to take the action first.

Moreover, after a while, the girl's face lit up, and even though she was in front of the Demon King, she can't help but mumble in awe. "Tasty ...."