Episode two: MAYBE YOU'RE GONNA BE THE ONE THAT SAVES ME

Elizabeth's POV~
I got to school a little late today but I didn't think it mattered that much since I skip first anyway. I was in kind of a bad mood so I just walked in and chucked my bag on the ground sitting in my normal seat. Kate looked at me with a questioning look. I just shook my head, dismissing it. I saw out of the corner of my eye Mcquaid was looking at me, with the same expression as Kate. Jesus can't people just let me moap in peace.

"For lunch today, Sloppy Joes. But personally, I think they should be called Sloppy Scotts on a Jessica Betts bun." Scott said, damn I'm really angry if even Scott's pervy jokes couldn't get me to chuckle.

"Oh, my God. You are so inappropriate. Those are your morning announcements. Have a Boring day." Kate finished.

"And we're clear." Mr Stargrove called.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Scott 'apologised'.

I quickly got up and left, not in the mood to talk to anyone. I kept angrily walking down the hall 'til I heard my name being called, "Liz!" I turned and saw Kate.

"Hey." I said, as I continued walking.

"What's up, you look mad." She asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Well that's believable." She said walking in front of me to block my path, I huffed in response crossing my arms. "C'mon tell me what's wrong." She begged.

"Let's just say dinner didn't go as planned." I explained.

"Oh, Liz I'm sorry. I know how important that was to you." She comforted me.

"I'm fine, I was being stupid anyway." I started walking again. "I mean I got my hopes up like a stupid little kid. I can't believe I did that, thinking maybe this is the time she actually gets home early, maybe this is finally the time where you can have a meaningful conversation with your damn mom. But no I was a moron and made a stupid dinner, and waited TWO FUCKING HOURS for that bitch to show up!" At this point I wasn't walking back to class. I was just venting in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey.." Kate said and just hugged me, shit man. I hugged her back so tight I'm surprised she could breathe. "You're coming to my house for dinner tonight, okay?" Kate said. I just nodded feeling slightly better after letting everything out.

"Okay now that I've had a meltdown like a five year old let's go to geometry." I joked linking arms with her and continuing our way to class.

Mcquaid's POV~
I was sat massaging my head after hearing that Luke is now planning to ask out Kate, purely based off the fact she called him cute.

Tyler walked up to our table "Is he trying to open that Surge with his mind?" he asked referring to my current state.

"No, he's just upset with me." Luke clarified.

"That's an understatement. He's going to ask out Kate Messner because she called him cute." I explained.

"Holy shit. How you gonna do it?" Tyler asked, of course he'd be supportive about this. I mean there's no way this situation can end well. Think about it from my eyes; did I have a fantastic time talking to Kate's mysterious friend? Yes. Did I feel butterflies in my stomach when she taught me how to smile properly? Yes. Do I wish I could date her? Yes- wait a minute, holy shit do I like her. I can't deal with this right now I'm gonna focus on how dumb Luke is.

"I don't know. Any ideas?" Luke asked.

"Do it while jumping out of a plane without a parachute. Wait, that's what you're doing." I quipped.

"Remember in Point Break when he jumps without a chute? He's like, "Gee-yah"! Then he jumps. He breaks both his knees, but it turns out okay." Tyler says.