Chapter 25

Talia's POV

        "Emmit, lets go. We're going to be late." I say, tugging on Emmit's arm. As promised, Emmit and I are going to Teo's hockey game. Emmit sighs. "Do we have to go? I'd rather just stay home." "Yes, we have to go!" I shriek. Emmit turns towards his bathroom. "Fine, give me five minutes." He says and then walks off. After he closes his bathroom door, I walk over to his full length mirror and look at my outfit. Our school colors are maroon and grey, so for the game I'm wearing a maroon sweatshirt, jeans, and a pair of grey converse. (Link on the side)

        As I'm looking in the mirror, my phone starts to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and look at the caller id. Cara. I hit accept. "Hello?" I say. "Heyyy Talia. Can can you do a big favor for me?" Cara says in one breath. "Yeah, sure. What do you need?" Cara lets out a nervous laugh. "Well you see, a girl on the cheerleading squad is moving. So, we're holding tryouts to find a replacement. I want you to tryout." I start laughing. "You want me to try out for cheerleading?" Cara cuts off my laughing. "Yes and you have no choice. You already said you would do me a favor. This is it." "Fine. I'm going to the hockey game with Emmit, so just text me the details." When I hang up, Emmit comes barging out of the bathroom. "I can't believe you." He yells. I look at him in confusion. "What are you talking about?" Emmit glances at my phone, which is still in my hand. "You wouldn't try out for basketball when I asked you, but you'll try out for cheerleading?" I frown. "You were listening to my conversation?" Emmit shakes his head. "That's not the point." He says. "You were really good at basketball, you had talent. Why would you want to do something as brainless as cheerleading?" "I don't know why you're getting so mad. I'm allowed to make my own decisions." I say, trying to keep my cool. I glance at the clock on Emmit's nightstand. "Are we going to the game? If so, we're late." Emmit sighs. "Lets go."

        We spend the car ride in silence, and we don't talk to each other when we sit down in the bleachers at the game. I decide to break the silence. "I'm sorry Emmit, but I'm still going to tryout. I promised Cara, and I can't back out. She's my best friend." "And I'm your boyfriend."  Emmit barks. I don't answer him, I just shake my head. 

        Right before the game begins, I see Teo standing by the entrance to the locker room. He smiles at me and then gestures for me to come over. I glance at Emmit and then get up, making my way over to Teo. "Hey, Teo!" "Talia! I'm so glad you came. Why didn't Emmit come over?" Teo asks. I glance over at Emmit and then turn back to Teo. "We're aren't on the best of terms right now. We got into an argument before we came here." Teo puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, but I'm sure everything will work out in the end." I smile. "Hopefully." Teo looks out onto the ice. "I've got to go. Wish me luck." I give Teo a hug. "Good luck. You better win!" Teo laughs and then walks into the locker room. 

        I walk back over to Emmit and sit down. "Since when are you friends with Teo?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "Are you just looking for things to fight about?" Emmit doesn't answer me.

        When there's about five minutes left of the game, I turn to Emmit. "I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Emmit starts to talk, but doesn't look at me. "There are five minutes left. Just meet me at my car when you're done." "Fine." I huff, and then walk away.

        When I get to the bathroom, I quickly do my business, not wanting to get into the crowd that will form when the game is over. When I walk out of the bathroom, I hear faint footsteps. I look around, but no one is in the hall. That was weird. I think to myself. I keep walking, and a couple of seconds later, I hear footsteps again. I turn around and suddenly there is a hand over my mouth. I start to struggle. "Don't  bother screaming, no one will hear you." Someone hisses in my ear.

**Hello! Here's another chapter. There's a youtube video on the side. It has nothing to do with the video, I just happen to like the song. And I would just like to say that I have nothing against cheerleading, even though it may have come across that way. The reason I'm actually posting this chapter now and not later in the week is becuase I coach cheerleading for little kids and the season starts this week, so I don't know how much time I'll have. But anyway, I hope you enjoy!"